Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Building a tupperdor
Titus13 02:25 PM 12-24-2011
Hello guys I am in the process of building a tupperdor it is
big enough to hold a spainish cedar tray from cheap humidors
question should I season the tray if so how.thanks guys
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:29 PM 12-24-2011
I would put whatever you are using as a humidifier into the tupperdor with the tray for a few days to let the tray absorb some moisture. Should go faster than a normal humidor as the only thing you need to be seasoned is the tray.
[Reply]
Titus13 02:35 PM 12-24-2011
I am thinking of using a dry mistat tube for humidication
[Reply]
ApexAZ 04:47 PM 12-24-2011
I bought several drymistat tubes before I discovered beads. Get some beads and thank me later :-) Although, for a tupperware, the drymistat will probably work okay, but if you're like most of the inmates here, you'll outgrow it fast.

Heartfelt or shilala come highly recommended by many here.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:48 PM 12-24-2011
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I bought several drymistat tubes before I discovered beads. Get some beads and thank me later :-) Although, for a tupperware, the drymistat will probably work okay, but if you're like most of the inmates here, you'll outgrow it fast.

Heartfelt or shilala come highly recommended by many here.
:-)
[Reply]
Catfish 09:07 PM 12-24-2011
I use these:

Available here: URL for 2.5 Gallon Rubbermaid airtight container from Amazon

And these:

Available from: Bovedapacks.com or the devil site.

The containers are airtight and they do not soak up humidification from the Boveda packs at all meaning your Boveda pack will last you well over a year. I took pieces of cedar and lined the bottom of mine. Speaking from over 5 years of experience with em, they work perfectly. Cheap, too! Hope this helps! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:23 AM 12-25-2011
What's to build? Container and cigars. If the cigars are properly humidified going in, you will need no humidification.

I've had gladware containers for almost 4 years, full, with no humidification and they stay rock steady 65%.
[Reply]
Up