Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Coolidor project
shilala 01:09 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I think I gonna try the drill method, it will be fun anyway!
It ain't gonna hurt a thing, my friend. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:41 PM 08-30-2011
Yesterday, when I was a young noob (now I'm an old noob), I followed the sage advice and left my boxes in tact!

The wisdom at the time was that the boxes breathe (slowly). Just like the age old cello on or off debate, the boxes protect the cigars from mold and bugs and such. Open boxes will spread problems more quickly.

Example: I had a box of cigars (CFOs thank goodness) that started to mold. Because they were in a closed box, they were the only cigar affected. I threw away the molded cigars and the box... no muss, no fuss! If those had been open boxes I would have had to wipe down my vino!

Drilling holes is fun, but I was mentored by a man who spends very little time fiddling with cigars (and accessories) and more time smoking them!

It's a hobby, have as much fun as possible!
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:04 PM 08-30-2011
Thanks guys, I am gonna drill the NC boxes and leave the CC box alone.
[Reply]
shilala 02:35 PM 08-30-2011
These are just your boxes you'll be throwing your odd singles in to act like trays, right?
You don't mess with your dress boxes and cabs and stuff. You just leave them closed and stashed. That's gospel.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:41 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
These are just your boxes you'll be throwing your odd singles in to act like trays, right?
You don't mess with your dress boxes and cabs and stuff. You just leave them closed and stashed. That's gospel.
Yes I am just playing around with empty boxes I picked up from a B&M.
I will include some pics when I do the drilling.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:19 AM 08-31-2011
Love the idea. I'll tell ya, after a couple years with a pair of coolidors my biggest frustration is getting to the stock "that's down there somewhere." Fortunately mine are wide enough that normal trays fit across. But it makes it a headache looking for something specific.

So I'd definitely stick with the sliding tray idea.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:28 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Love the idea. I'll tell ya, after a couple years with a pair of coolidors my biggest frustration is getting to the stock "that's down there somewhere." Fortunately mine are wide enough that normal trays fit across. But it makes it a headache looking for something specific.

That's my thinking, I have only had it for a couple weeks but I am tired of removing boxes all the time. Would definitly be a nice feature but is it worth the money to have it built? Prolly not.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:07 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:

I believe it's called Cigar Tetris :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 12:15 PM 08-31-2011
BTW Shane, this is on now.....do your part mister :-)

To recap:
Originally Posted by :
Hey Mac, I have an idea....send me some of your overflow, then Shane will send you some of his and then we're all square and you're back to NO VACANCY

[Reply]
madwilliamflint 05:27 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
That's my thinking, I have only had it for a couple weeks but I am tired of removing boxes all the time. Would definitly be a nice feature but is it worth the money to have it built? Prolly not.
Indeed. I just can't see the guys who spend thousands on ubergorgeous boxes. That's just not that important to me. Coolers work. I may build a bench/table to go around them. But that's about it.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:20 AM 12-05-2011
Well I kept it simple, but the only issue I have is where do I keep my beads?!?

Well I forgot about this thread, I never did drill any holes. I just took the lids off a few boxes to use as trays, and kept a few other boxes closed for storage.
Looking back on this thread I see how much I was over thinking it.
Thanks for all the advice, I just kept it simple.

I went to Walmart to grab a second cooler, so I could have one with singles and one with boxes. Walmart didn't have anymore of the cheap ones so I just used a smaller cooler I already had.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:32 AM 12-05-2011
nice
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:35 AM 12-05-2011
Just a note:
The Oliva boxes (the top left is one and on the bottom right below the lanceros) with the lids removed fit into each other nice and tight if you turn them opposite direrctions. Great for stacking!
I got many of them for free or $1-$3 at local B&Ms.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up