Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>If you could build the perfect draw tool
MrOneEyedBoh 05:10 PM 10-07-2009
Yeah something maybe a cross from the Aerolus ( sold at cigar mony ) and a knurled draw tool. I was thinking of making something like this at work, are you making some OP?
[Reply]
RonC 08:36 PM 10-07-2009
best i have used is a needle file
[Reply]
boom 08:51 PM 10-07-2009
My not be the perfect draw tool but they do the job..... Yes I make 'em....

[Reply]
alley00p 09:13 PM 10-07-2009
So far, I've been using the thin poker that is part of a 3-1 czech pipe tool, for the past year or so.

Mine hangs on my keyring, along with a cigar punch and a Nibo lighter purge and flame adjuster, so I always have it. In a pinch, it works as a nub tool too. :-)

BTW, Steve (Fissure) is trying to put together a GB for some drawtools. See this thread: CA Troop Support DrawTool GB :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 09:15 PM 10-07-2009
How about a trained tobacco beetle. That would be so COOL!!!!

Just release them into the humidor, have them sniff out the plugged cigars, crawl into the tight spots, eat just the right amount of tobacco to loosen it up and then return to you to be put back in their container with some of Shilala's growing plants and there you have it.....

THE PERFECT "SMART" DRAW TOOL!!!!!!
!!!!!
!!!!!
[Reply]
Cigary 01:25 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I like the ones with "file' texture, where when you move them in and out they "file" out some of the tobacco, this helps prevent the tobacco from expanding back where the hole you created was and plugging the cigar back up. :-)
Some sort of centering would be good, but once you use a draw tool a few times I think you're not very likely to poke a hole through the side of a cigar, at least I haven't after the first few times I used a draw tool (knock on wood). :-)
I actually have one of the old Draw Pokers and took it to a friend of mine who has a metal shop and I told him to take the rod and "knurl" the entire length of the rod except for the tip. The tip is like a fine threaded screw that will not tear open the cigar but rather start a good pilot hole and while you push the rod into the cigar and twist and turn it it takes small pieces of the cigar tobacco and opens up the inside of the cigar much like the tool they use to open the arteries of plaque ridden arteries in the human body. It mimics the process much like an atherectomy and when you slide the rod back from inside the cigar it traps the pieces of tobacco that was plugging the cigar in the tip portion of the rod like a small drill and pulls it back thru the insertion point. The Draw Poker has a guide to keep the rod from poking thru the side of the cigar at any point. I have literally saved at least 50-70 cigars that smoked great after using this tool. I figure at $8 a cigar I have saved myself at least $500 in the last 3 years and that's nothing to sneeze at.:-)

Originally Posted by boom:

I have one of Troys tools and it works great for some cigars that have issues.
[Reply]
boom 12:03 PM 01-31-2010
I have improved the tips with flutes cut in them...

[Reply]
Subvet642 11:27 AM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by boom:

Do you sell them?
[Reply]
cigarcore 07:45 PM 12-12-2011
If you do not remove tobacco from a plugged cigar, the plugged cigar will more than likely stay plugged. Check out PLUGGED CIGAR TOOL on You Tube and E Bay.
[Reply]
md4958 08:00 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by cigarcore:
If you do not remove tobacco from a plugged cigar, the plugged cigar will more than likely stay plugged. Check out PLUGGED CIGAR TOOL on You Tube and E Bay.
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. You might want to post a introduction in the new inmate forum.

Not disclosing you are a vendor is frowned upon here.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:25 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. You might want to post a introduction in the new inmate forum.

Not disclosing you are a vendor is frowned upon here.
At least he put it in the right thread. :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 08:45 PM 12-12-2011
I used a meat thermometer once, worked like a charm.
[Reply]
lenguamor 08:50 PM 12-12-2011
My Henry's works perfectly. And it's also the perfect nubbing tool!

[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:42 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by cigarcore:
I am intrigued. Just bought on and will do a review when it arrives.
[Reply]
md4958 11:52 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
At least he put it in the right thread. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:41 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
I am intrigued. Just bought on and will do a review when it arrives.
Arrived 3 days after I ordered it. Great packaging and it looks nice. The best thing is that so far it works. Tried it on an infamous 1999 Punch Churchill:-) and it allowed me to actually get a draw and smoke it.:-) Pictures will be forth coming.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:58 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Arrived 3 days after I ordered it. Great packaging and it looks nice. The best thing is that so far it works. Tried it on an infamous 1999 Punch Churchill:-) and it allowed me to actually get a draw and smoke it.:-) Pictures will be forth coming.
Very Interested Kev.

I don't have a DT and have been looking at the different ones available....still leaning toward those offered here at the Asylum.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up