Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
jluck 10:06 PM 01-10-2012
auction just closed. 97 new sticks heading my way tomorrow...:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:48 AM 01-11-2012
Congrats Jared and welcome to the slippery slope
[Reply]
jluck 10:37 AM 01-11-2012
I just applied some rudimentary math skills.....I don't have enough room in my humidor!:-)

I guess I will just have to get another humidor...or cooler..or or start the wineador...I suppose there's worse problems to have in life...:-)
[Reply]
big pete 05:12 PM 01-11-2012
Dangit...won some Ashton VSGs, Graycliff 1666s, and Oliva G Maduros. Must disable the account....
[Reply]
sevans105 06:01 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by big pete:
Dangit...won some Ashton VSGs, Graycliff 1666s, and Oliva G Maduros. Must disable the account....
If those 1666's are weighing on you, if be willing lighten your load.....just saying.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:27 PM 01-11-2012
You out bid me on the 1666's :-):-):-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:34 PM 01-11-2012
Fighting words!
[Reply]
big pete 06:38 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
You out bid me on the 1666's :-):-):-)
It ended yesterday with a winning bid of $19. Was that the same auction?
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:46 PM 01-11-2012
OK I shouldn't have signed up late week but I now have two "wins" under my belt and have been out bid on a fiver of Tats and a fiver of RP Edges! After getting out bid on the Edges I up'ed my bid on some Graycliff Turbos LE's for the win.

Problem, next month we're taking our semi annual trip to central America and I'd like to reserve some room in my humidore!
[Reply]
44stampede 08:08 PM 01-11-2012
I can't go on the site anymore...too much temptation. I have over a 100 sticks waiting for me in the US that are likely to cost me 5$/stick to get over to Singapore. Even with that it's WAY cheaper if you can believe it.

I may need some help with the ones I bought for you guys to tell me if they are worth bringing and spending the $5 for although I tried to get what most here had recommended.
[Reply]
jluck 09:37 PM 01-11-2012
last minute snipe....that makes 99 cigars coming my way soon! I gotta stop this maddness.....off to cigar sprint I guess....:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:19 AM 01-12-2012
It ended yesterday with a winning bid of $19. Was that the same auction?
Yep....you bastige!!!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
big pete 07:26 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Yep....you bastige!!!!:-):-):-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
irratebass 07:44 AM 01-12-2012
:-):-)
Don't be, you won fair and square, I did win a 5er of Padilla Black Bears and I was just too much of a tightwad on the 1666's enjoy them :-)
[Reply]
Hem 08:07 AM 01-12-2012
I can personally thank you guys for introducing me to CBid! I a bid on a nice 150ct glass top humi (still waiting and hoping on that one), just won an 18 sampler Gurkha and have a few other bids here and there on some Opus (don't expect to win those). When just starting out in this hobby it seems very easy to want to order EVERYTHING all at ONCE! LoL. I have to practice self control and figure out a way to explain how cigars showed up in our mailbox soon LoL :-)
[Reply]
dave 08:49 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
I can personally thank you guys for introducing me to CBid! I a bid on a nice 150ct glass top humi (still waiting and hoping on that one), just won an 18 sampler Gurkha and have a few other bids here and there on some Opus (don't expect to win those). When just starting out in this hobby it seems very easy to want to order EVERYTHING all at ONCE! LoL. I have to practice self control and figure out a way to explain how cigars showed up in our mailbox soon LoL :-)
Come back and take a look at this post in a year or two.....

Many, many newbs to both cbid and cigars can tell you that they won plenty of Gurkhas there...and most of us regret it to a large extent. And, I think you'll also find that Opus is one of the few cigars that routinely go for much more than you can find retail -- with a little sleuthing
[Reply]
Hem 09:14 AM 01-12-2012
Really?? That's very interesting...I was hoping those would be a good haul since I have looked over many posts and peeked in your humi's by way of "show us your humi" thread and always saw a couple Gurkha's in there. I need to head over to Tampa Humidor since I live right here in Tampa. They always have an awesome selection (bought some cigars/humis for my groomsmen back before I was really interested in cigars...funny..I know..and now I envy them since they have humis and I dont!) and their lounge/bar is exceptional. I guess that's what I get for buying before asking the Guru's over here! What should I be looking for? All I have at home are some Ybor City Cigars and La Pearla Dominicana's that I picked up in the DR on my honeymoon (10 in total):-)
[Reply]
dave 09:27 AM 01-12-2012
Hem, I think that to some degree it depends on 'quality' of your pallet. Mine sucks. Took many years to get to point I am now.

You'll see Gurkhas in my humis, too. Three different paths; some left over from early cbid binges where I bought the hype; some (two?) that I found that I actually enjoy when I can 'steal' them on cbid, and some that arrived via bombs - from other poor botl's who got duped, I guess. They get ripped pretty bad on forums, but I think they have their place.

If you have any confidence in your pallet, pick up two or three of something that experienced brothers here are largely happy with - not something released in last 6 months -- that excitement can evaporate -- let others chase LE's. But try a brown label Tat or an Illusione....and see if your taste coincides at all with what you might have read in a favorable review.
[Reply]
deaster25 11:06 AM 01-12-2012
When my wife asks me "Did you order more cigars?" I just say "Yeah, but look how much money I saved you." and that makes it all better, for now!
[Reply]
irratebass 11:18 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by deaster25:
When my wife asks me "Did you order more cigars?" I just say "Yeah, but look how much money I saved you." and that makes it all better, for now!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up