Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 45 of 69
« First < 35434445 464755 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
ApexAZ 07:15 PM 12-15-2014
My new Crawford finally came today! I am so pleased with it. Pictures just don't really do it justice. It's exactly what I wanted and the craftsmanship is simply exquisite. I am getting ready to load a bowl of Haddo's to see how it smokes. So awesome!

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:20 PM 12-15-2014
Neil and Brian, really great looking pipes:-)

Brian - what material is the ring? Was that bamboo?
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:25 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Neil and Brian, really great looking pipes:-)

Brian - what material is the ring? Was that bamboo?
It's some sort of wood. I forget. It's not bamboo though. I'll find out and update the thread.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:50 PM 12-15-2014
Great looking pipe Brian :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:31 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR
:-)

BTW, nice pipes, I like the faux horn (so it looks) stem.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 08:42 PM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR
Rob, I am geographically centered between two JR Cigar outlets. Unfortunate for my credit card. JR has proven to be my most dependable B&M for HTF cigars and pipe goodies. Both carry quite a unique selection now; much different than years back. They have most Padron, Illusione, Tats, LP, Fuente, etc. Every so often they get in JFGermain tobaccos too. I'm not sure if they inventory that stuff on their website as I don't ever check it.

The one in Selma has a few tins of Balkan Sobranie and one Margate left as of last week. The bulk bags of Esoterica went pretty quick though. The manager there told me they got in three bags. I bought the last one. If I see more I intend on picking them up and offering them here. Burlington was cleaned out of everything but Margate, though they advertised Stonhaven and Penzance on their in-store marquee...
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:27 PM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
It's some sort of wood. I forget. It's not bamboo though. I'll find out and update the thread.
...:-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 05:53 AM 12-19-2014
So on the same day. Christmas gift form Neil to Neil. At least he knew what Neil wanted....

From the other forum - an Invicata Briars POY 2014.
From 4noggins -
* 1985 MacBaren and a 2014 MacBaren Dark twist - will be the subject of a pipe smoking event here in the city (more to follow)
* GLP Tribute 2001.

Happy with the haul!!!

[Reply]
Subvet642 12:27 PM 12-21-2014
No photos, but I scored some Esoterica Peacehaven; I got the last 2oz at Gold Leaf Tobacconist in Seabrook. It's the Margate with some aro topping. I haven't tried it yet, but I dying to. I also bought some more Barbary Coast. The proprietor told me that he used to stock all of the Esoterica line, but he couldn't move it, so he stopped buying so much. He did also say that he can special order pretty much anything. His prices are pretty decent; the 2oz of Peacehaven was only $14. The guy, himself is super helpful, super polite, totally nice guy. :-)
[Reply]
jjmitchem 01:57 PM 12-21-2014
Just ordered a tin of McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014

20% discount code (winter) at Cigars International
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:37 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
No photos, but I scored some Esoterica Peacehaven; I got the last 2oz at Gold Leaf Tobacconist in Seabrook. It's the Margate with some aro topping. I haven't tried it yet, but I dying to. I also bought some more Barbary Coast. The proprietor told me that he used to stock all of the Esoterica line, but he couldn't move it, so he stopped buying so much. He did also say that he can special order pretty much anything. His prices are pretty decent; the 2oz of Peacehaven was only $14. The guy, himself is super helpful, super polite, totally nice guy. :-)
It turns out that the Peacehaven was only $9.00; I forgot that I also got some moistener buttons, too.
[Reply]
badbriar 01:29 PM 12-23-2014
You people are really bad influences! Now, thanks to this forum, I'll likely to be sleeping in the carport with the dogs. Been stocking the cellar nicely with some seriously top notch pipe blends and the wifey just can't understand. In her view, I could not ever smoke this much pipe tobacco in a year. Silly woman - just doesn't understand the concept of collaring! :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 02:00 PM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
So on the same day. Christmas gift form Neil to Neil. At least he knew what Neil wanted....

From the other forum - an Invicata Briars POY 2014.
From 4noggins -
* 1985 MacBaren and a 2014 MacBaren Dark twist - will be the subject of a pipe smoking event here in the city (more to follow)
* GLP Tribute 2001.

Happy with the haul!!!

Better tell us what that Dark Twist is like! Never saw that tin before...some kind of Canadian conspiracy to make the Yanks jealous? :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 01:05 PM 12-24-2014
Just got some Bishop's move and blend 44 from uhle's in Wisconsin.
[Reply]
Subvet642 03:13 PM 12-24-2014
This came in the mail last week. The wife hasn't seen it, yet. :-)

[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 03:52 PM 12-24-2014
This came in the mail last week. The wife hasn't seen it, yet. :-)

You could always ry what I try. I just tell wifey that I have had it for a long time. I just dusted and polished it and it looks new! Hope it works!
[Reply]
Subvet642 05:49 PM 12-24-2014
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog:
You could always ry what I try. I just tell wifey that I have had it for a long time. I just dusted and polished it and it looks new! Hope it works!
Too much detail makes her suspicious. Ya see, I'm kinda anal retentive, so everything I have looks pretty new. I have a 24yo Pioneer stereo that looks like I took it out of the box yesterday. Oh well, how long can she stay mad? :-)

It's an Italian Viking and seriously, the fit and finish on this thing is excellent. I can't even feel the transition between the faux spigot and the stem or shank and a pipe cleaner goes through it very easily.
[Reply]
badbriar 05:57 PM 12-24-2014
Too much detail makes her suspicious. Ya see, I'm kinda anal retentive, so everything I have looks pretty new. I have a 24yo Pioneer stereo that looks like I took it out of the box yesterday. Oh well, how long can she stay mad? :-)
You're a goner! In the garage with you. :-)
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 06:24 PM 12-24-2014
well a garage has to be at least as comfy as those older subs he spent so much time in! And he can then smoke in his office!
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:25 PM 12-24-2014
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog:
well a garage has to be at least as comfy as those older subs he spent so much time in! And he can then smoke in his office!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Whaddya mean "older subs"? The Kamehameha was a friggin' show boat in her day. When she was built, Hawaii gave the Navy a bunch of money for crew habitability and she was filled with chrome and teak wood. Besides, I don't have a garage.

Look at Her! Two Battle "E"s and two MUC's, Bad Ass!
[Reply]
Page 45 of 69
« First < 35434445 464755 > Last »
Up