Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone Else Have This Problem...
rhmalone 03:56 PM 06-17-2010
Today I tried a Camanco Corojo Toro, and I had the worst time ever keeping it lit. I searched out a few reviews, and the same issue was mentioned. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a good way to correct the issue?
[Reply]
Pistol 04:09 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by rhmalone:
Today I tried a Camanco Corojo Toro, and I had the worst time ever keeping it lit. I searched out a few reviews, and the same issue was mentioned. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a good way to correct the issue?
I'd cut the cap and then try dry boxing one for a week before smoking. If that doesn't work, uhhhh.... Stop smoking them?
[Reply]
awsmith4 04:12 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by Pistol:
I'd cut the cap and then try dry boxing one for a week before smoking. If that doesn't work, uhhhh.... Stop smoking them?
:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:11 PM 06-17-2010
In general Camacho's have the freest draw of any major manufacturer. Of the hundred or so I have smoked I have never had one go out, this sounds like an Rh problem. If they were fresh off the truck let them stabilize for a while. If they are from your humidor you might double check your hygrometer. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:39 PM 06-18-2010
I've had plenty of "wet" cigars that burned uneven, but they still stayed lit. The only cigars I've had problems keeping lit had very tight draws, which can be a factor of Rh but seems to normally result from a plug or too-packed a roll.

Mr. Malone, can you advise us further of the specifics?
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 03:59 PM 06-18-2010
I was smoking an Oliva MB3 at a cigar bar that was having some burn problems and it was from their humi that felt about 80rh.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hockeymaniac 05:14 PM 06-18-2010
I've never had a Camacho Corojo go out on me. Burn a bit uneven but never had a problem with them staying lit.
[Reply]
rhmalone 05:25 PM 06-19-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I've had plenty of "wet" cigars that burned uneven, but they still stayed lit. The only cigars I've had problems keeping lit had very tight draws, which can be a factor of Rh but seems to normally result from a plug or too-packed a roll.

Mr. Malone, can you advise us further of the specifics?
sure thing... the cigar was picked up and smoked at the local B&M on the same day. I believe they run their walk-in at about 66. The draw as actually fairly open and the burn not too uneven. I know I'm a slow smoker but I didn't let it rest that much been draws...

Hope that helps shed a bit more light on things.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:49 AM 06-20-2010
Strongers cigars with more leigro and sometimes corojo smoke better when stored at a lower rh, 60 - 65% IMO... YMMV...
[Reply]
JohnE1000 09:52 AM 06-23-2010
It happened to me with a Tat Cojonu 2003. It was setting in 65rh humidor for over 3 months, so I know it was not over humidified. I had to re-lit it every other buff. I don't know what it is other than bad tobacco.
[Reply]
Up