Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>"Devil Site" Bites Again!
Dukeuni 08:55 PM 06-16-2010
It has been FOREVER since I have been on Cigar Bid. When I first started out with cigars I purchased a LOT of cigars from the site. It has been probably 2 years since I have purchased anything from them. My tastes in N/C's went to higher end sticks (which the auctions seem to go way to high for), and CC's.

I just happened to check-out the bidding today, and BAM, hit with a winning bid. Really did not think I was going to win these with my low-ball offer.

Box of La Riqueza by Tatuaje #1 (lonsdale)- Box of 25
MSRP: $225 I believe
New Havana (Great Retailer btw): $202.50
CB Winning Bid: $112.00

I think this may be one of my best deals on CB. Just see how the sticks come now I guess...

So- If you have not been on CB for awhile, may want to check it out!
[Reply]
ckay 09:23 PM 06-16-2010
Don't say that...I am 30 days clean. But yes, like you I have ventured off to stuffing a humi with high end NCs and CCs to age. When I am done stocking up, I will go back to cbid for some ROTT smokes.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 09:49 PM 06-16-2010
I guess I am in the same situation. I just started checking them out again. I did see that auction before it ended and thought that was a SWEET price but assumed it wasn't worth a bid and would go above MSRP in the last minutes.
[Reply]
quantim0 05:30 AM 06-17-2010
I got a box of tat Havana victorias for about $110 for the box a while ago. You just need to know what you want to pay and if goes above that price, forget it. My rule is about 50% of full price for normal sticks, but I'll go a little highernfor higher end stuff.
[Reply]
heavyd 05:44 AM 06-17-2010
Nice pickup on the La Ricky's! Once C-bid tacks on their $3 insurance charge and the $7 shipping, you will still get the box for less than $5 per stick - can't beat that!:-)

I think it's time to revisit my old friend The Devil :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:07 AM 06-17-2010
sure beats the monster doesn't it dave!:-)

Originally Posted by heavyd:
Nice pickup on the La Ricky's! Once C-bid tacks on their $3 insurance charge and the $7 shipping, you will still get the box for less than $5 per stick - can't beat that!:-)

I think it's time to revisit my old friend The Devil :-)

[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:32 AM 06-17-2010
Between cigar monster, jr cigar's daily auction, and CI's MMAO...I've just avoided cbid because I know if I go there all hope is lost :-) I've spent more in the last two months than I have my entire smoking career I think. Hah!
[Reply]
heavyd 09:40 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
sure beats the monster doesn't it dave!:-)
Oh lordy, you had to mention that place, didn't you Excel!? :-)

I removed the Monster from my favorites menu twice already this month...it just keeps re-appearing somehow :-) :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:41 AM 06-17-2010
I removed the Monster from my favorites menu twice already this month...it just keeps re-appearing somehow :-) :-)
I have the iPhone app :-) With push notifications....*sigh* :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:42 AM 06-17-2010
*LMAO* :-)

Oh lordy, you had to mention that place, didn't you Excel!? :-)

[Reply]
hockeymaniac 11:38 AM 06-17-2010
CBID is definitely a test of will power. I"ve been CBID clean for a while now.
[Reply]
Mindflux 11:39 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by hockeymaniac:
CBID is definitely a test of will power. I"ve been CBID clean for a while now.
I always found people driving the price up too high a pretty good reason to keep off cbid.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:22 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by Mindflux:
I always found people driving the price up too high a pretty good reason to keep off cbid.
Happens a lot, but if you know your prices and are patient, you can usually find some good deals. I have a lot of luck with the Quickies lots, and sniping can be a really effective way to score.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dannysguitar 01:29 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Happens a lot, but if you know your prices and are patient, you can usually find some good deals. I have a lot of luck with the Quickies lots, and sniping can be a really effective way to score.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stop tellin' everyone our secret man! lol
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:41 PM 06-17-2010
I get boxes of whatever I like for at least $20 off everytime. Paying catalog prices is for rich folks. LOL
[Reply]
maninblack 09:02 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I get boxes of whatever I like for at least $20 off everytime. Paying catalog prices is for rich folks. LOL
:-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 09:20 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I'll put bids in for 40% off - if I get it, awesome savings. If I don't, there will be others.
[Reply]
NTA_Ben 02:18 AM 06-18-2010
I just got the 10er of Diesels (great stick) and a fiver of Torano Noventa toros. Great deals. I got the Toranos for $15!
[Reply]
hockeymaniac 08:38 AM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky:
I'll put bids in for 40% off - if I get it, awesome savings. If I don't, there will be others.
Whenever I bid I just bid the amount I'm willing to spend which is usually $20 or more less than I can get the item for. If I win great if not it will show up again.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:50 AM 06-18-2010
Going through withdrawals here. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up