Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Padron 2000 aging conundrom
Brad 01:22 PM 06-06-2010
Never had a bad one in terms of flavor, but my gripe with Padron is the size of the caps. They are tiny, and sometimes not put on very well. You need to be very careful cutting them or it will unravel. It's easy to cut off too much.
[Reply]
coronalogan 02:49 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by Brad:
Never had a bad one in terms of flavor, but my gripe with Padron is the size of the caps. They are tiny, and sometimes not put on very well. You need to be very careful cutting them or it will unravel. It's easy to cut off too much.
very true. Not sure why they're so stingy on the caps.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:41 PM 06-14-2010
I have a box of 2000 that is from 07, problem is they were left out on a submarine for a few weeks. Now they are shrink wrapped and were still spongy after all that but the fact that we treat our air with Amine to keep CO2 levels down did not help the case. They still smell like ammonia! Maybe I will bite the bullet and give them a try. (Who the hell would throw them away?)
[Reply]
klipsch 03:18 PM 06-15-2010
I was fortunate enough to acquire a box worth of 2003 Ambassadors recently along with some 2004/05 6000's. It's amazing what time does to Padrons. But I will typically pick up a fresh stick (I didn't have any Ambassadors) to smoke so that I can better appreciate aged ones. I don't see anyway in hell that I'll be able to sit on any of my current inventory for that amount of time... :-)

In response to the OP's question...you may have just picked up a bum stick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up