Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Plume!
RightAJ 08:59 AM 02-08-2010
Found this at my favorite B&M at home... no THAT is some pretty plume :-)

aj
Attached: PLUME!.jpg (54.1 KB) 
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:00 AM 02-08-2010
if by plume you mean mold then yes, that is a lot of pretty mold.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:03 AM 02-08-2010
As an FYI, cigar bands do not plume...
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:04 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
if by plume you mean mold then yes, that is a lot of pretty mold.
I knew someone would say that... not mold though. These things are at least 5 years old and it is a thin layer of crystals, not spotty mold. The owner is very particular about how he keeps his humi

aj
[Reply]
md4958 09:06 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
:-)

Originally Posted by RightAJ:
I knew someone would say that... not mold though. These things are at least 5 years old and it is a thin layer of crystals, not spotty mold. The owner is very particular about how he keeps his humi

aj
maybe its dust then
[Reply]
pnoon 09:06 AM 02-08-2010

aj
It looks more the the crystalline (almost dust-like) residue from the impure water used in many B&M humidifiers.

It sure doesn't look like plume to me.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:12 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
It looks more the the crystalline (almost dust-like) residue from the impure water used in many B&M humidifiers.

:-) That's exactly what it is. We had the same problem in the shop I work in for a short time.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:15 AM 02-08-2010
I am all ears for a review tho...
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:16 AM 02-08-2010
You're a smart man...

Originally Posted by pnoon:

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:17 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
:-) That's exactly what it is. We had the same problem in the shop I work in for a short time.
I'm still not completely convinced... Either way I bought something else instead (shrug)

aj
[Reply]
Darrell 09:17 AM 02-08-2010
Tell him to stop using tap water in his humidifiers.
[Reply]
md4958 09:20 AM 02-08-2010
I'm still not completely convinced... Either way I bought something else instead (shrug)

aj
You were convinced it WAS plume, yet you have no experience with it.

Now you have several experienced members telling you its not, but thats not enough to change your mind.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:24 AM 02-08-2010
Maybe better pictures would help settle the matter...
[Reply]
SilverFox 09:27 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:

Now you have several experienced members telling you its not, but thats not enough to change your mind.

By the way it isn't plume.

I don't care how the guy keeps his humi.

Bands don't plume, here is the one and only time I was relatively sure I had it and that is after several thousand cigars.

Even then I was not 100% convinced..............smoked great though
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:29 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:

I have seen plume before, though not to this extent. The box is pretty old so I was assuming that it was (knowing that the owner takes meticulous care of his stock and uses distilled water).

Not trying to argue here...

aj
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:29 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:

Bands don't plume
Maybe it is an optical conclusion... i.e. it was concluded that is was plume...
[Reply]
GKitty 09:29 AM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
This has always been one of the things I look at when the question of plume arises. There's a fine even coat over the whole stick including the band, which leads me to believe the source of whatever crystals are on it came from somewhere other than the wrapper.

I appreciate the picture and the input from the FOGs. Next time I think about tap water vs distilled water, I'll remember these pictures.
[Reply]
md4958 09:33 AM 02-08-2010

aj

aj
I have seen plume before, though not to this extent. The box is pretty old so I was assuming that it was (knowing that the owner takes meticulous care of his stock and uses distilled water).

Not trying to argue here...

aj
Sounds like you are actually.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:38 AM 02-08-2010
Plume Pandemonium 2010
AJ "The Philly Kid" Vs "Italian" MoeD
2 men enter 1 man leaves
[Reply]
hotreds 09:42 AM 02-08-2010
No! Sorry- the give away is, as was mentioned, the bands. They won't have plume on them! It does actually look more like dust or water impurities. It would be interesting to take a magnifying glass to that ceegar to see the white stuff up close. But, I'm afraid I'd hafta agree with those that say it isn't plume. Also don't know if five years is long enough for plume to develop. It's a veeeeery sloooow process.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up