Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 185 of 199
« First < 85135175183184185 186187195 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Chainsaw13 05:49 AM 12-10-2023
I wish stores around me did lotteries/raffles for the really htf stuff. I like that atmosphere, standing around dreaming of what you’re going to pick if your number gets called.

Tried the Baker’s yesterday. Reminds me very much of Bookers. Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:09 AM 12-11-2023
Nice pickups, Bob and Peter!
[Reply]
stearns 10:03 AM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by physiognomy:
Not sure I’ve tried the ‘new’ SiB Bakers, Bob. Interested to hear what you think. The ‘old’ small batch bottles were generally great, imo.

Stood around in the cold this morning waiting to spin the whiskey wheel. Passed time sharing a couple Montes & Coffee BCBS with Ben. Good times!

I tried to get Josh to give me a store pick but I got stuck with a shelfer single barrel. Not bad for hanging outside with a beer and cigar for an hour then inside for another 30. Hoping some other releases get announced for around christmas :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:18 AM 12-12-2023
Stopped by my local store this morning. Nothing new on the shelves, but the owner gave me the scoop on their Blantons SP. next week Wednesday. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:26 AM 12-12-2023
Trying the Bakers 7 again this afternoon. Really enjoying it.
[Reply]
stearns 11:52 AM 12-12-2023
Haven't had a pour of Bakers 7 in a while, I remember it being super nutty, not my style exactly but it could have been a one off bottle. I've heard the 13 is delicious, I tried a sample of Binny's pick from a couple years ago and it wasn't my jam either :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:13 PM 12-12-2023
It’s definitely got that nuttiness, Ben. I’m still a newb at this. But I’d call this Bookers light. Similar flavor profile, but less proof.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:11 AM 12-13-2023
Yup, Baker's has that Beam peanut funk, just like many of the Booker's. I almost traded for one of the Binny's 13 Years, Ben made me glad I didn't.

Going to have my first taste of Duke soon, a good friend on another board sent me the Founders Reserve. I had never seen Duke in my area, of course later in the day I see a different variation in one of my regular stops. Anyone had any of their whiskeys?

[Reply]
stearns 08:55 AM 12-13-2023
Never heard of that one, but 10 year KY bourbon can't be too bad :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:09 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by stearns:
Never heard of that one, but 10 year KY bourbon can't be too bad :-)
I am hoping so, my friend says he knows little to nothing about bourbon and he hopes I like it. :-) He's a good man.

I got the Christmas call from Binny's for the first time. I'm pretty excited. My first Van Winkle.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:02 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am hoping so, my friend says he knows little to nothing about bourbon and he hopes I like it. :-) He's a good man.

I got the Christmas call from Binny's for the first time. I'm pretty excited. My first Van Winkle.

I’m headed west on 94 in just about 15 minutes. :-)

Awesome score.
[Reply]
jledou 01:35 PM 12-13-2023
Yup, Baker's has that Beam peanut funk, just like many of the Booker's. I almost traded for one of the Binny's 13 Years, Ben made me glad I didn't.

Going to have my first taste of Duke soon, a good friend on another board sent me the Founders Reserve. I had never seen Duke in my area, of course later in the day I see a different variation in one of my regular stops. Anyone had any of their whiskeys?

Have not tried a Duke before so interesting to see how it turns out.
[Reply]
Black Coral 04:31 PM 12-13-2023

Fricking awesome
[Reply]
icehog3 12:35 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:

Awesome score.
You're always welcome Bob, if you get here before February we'll open it up!

Originally Posted by jledou:
Have not tried a Duke before so interesting to see how it turns out.
I will definitely let you know, Jay.

Originally Posted by Black Coral:
Fricking awesome
We can open it in February unless Bob gets here before then!
[Reply]
stearns 07:30 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Can you pick me up on the way? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:55 AM 12-14-2023
I'm putting out the peanuts and bourbon glasses. 3, correct? :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:49 AM 12-15-2023
Dayum! My local B&M has an OF BP SP that just dropped. Too bad I just spent a bunch of money on a quick trip to PHX.
[Reply]
Beagleone 02:06 PM 12-15-2023
So a Costco store in north Fort Worth that has a liquor store attached to it, had some good things this morning at opening. The store is about 20 minute away from my house, so not too close, especially with traffic. They had various cases of Pappys, BTAC, Blantons gold, ER and a few other HTF allocated bourbons. This wasn't announced ahead of time, so when word got out, people scrambled to get there. Within 45 minutes everything was gone. Costco had a corporate rep there to monitor everything. They kicked people out of line if they had purchased a bottle, gone out to the car, changed outfits and came back for more. They also took note of everyone's Costco cards to prevent people getting more than one bottle. They have done this at a north Dallas store, but pulled away because that store was known for bottles to be held back for friends of the managers/employees. Since it was Costco's, the prices were considerably lower that Specs or TW.

I, unfortunately, had to work.
[Reply]
physiognomy 02:56 PM 12-15-2023
Know how you feel, Tony. I have done pretty well getting away at short notice, but watched on most of the year. Better for my thin wallet. Ive never seen unobtainable bottles released at our CostCo stores but they do have great prices on some solid bottles.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:55 AM 12-17-2023
Tony, what a great story right up until the end. Booooo! :-)

Bob, did you take notice of the stats (floor, proof)? Love those OFBSSB when they're on.
[Reply]
Page 185 of 199
« First < 85135175183184185 186187195 > Last »
Up