Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Full Bodied Advice
maninblack 07:19 AM 02-17-2010
Ok, I am in need of advice from you fellow inmates. I am looking for some recommendations for fuller bodied smokes. I have a some Man O' War's and some AB Maxx's coming, but what else do you guys recommend? I am still waiting for the new stock of Diesel's to come in to CI (anyone know when this will happen?). I am trying to get ready for the grilling and warm weather season. Thanks folks.
[Reply]
issues 07:32 AM 02-17-2010
I would probably recommend some Joya de Nicaragua Antanos, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros, CAO LX2s and possibly a Cain Maduro or 2.

:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:41 AM 02-17-2010
I've read alot of the Cain reviews and they seem to be one of those love em or hate em cigars. But the straight ligero really entices me. And I really loed the CAO LX2's but I'm a CAO whore anyways.
[Reply]
issues 07:48 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I've read alot of the Cain reviews and they seem to be one of those love em or hate em cigars. But the straight ligero really entices me. And I really loed the CAO LX2's but I'm a CAO whore anyways.
True, the Cains usually are love 'em or hate 'em. Personally, I find them to be pretty good.

Also if you can find the JdN Antano Dark Corojo I highly recommend it! :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:50 AM 02-17-2010
Thanks for the help.I need to make a list.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 08:13 AM 02-17-2010
good suggestions....since you are a CAO guy, you know that the Brazilia is a nice line of full bodied smokes. RP Edge is one of my favorite full bodied smokes.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:17 AM 02-17-2010
Awe bro, you gotta have the money sticks by Oliva:
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

I smoke a LOT of cigars and over the past 2 years those were the only cigars to make me woozy. weeeeeeeeee
[Reply]
maninblack 08:17 AM 02-17-2010
Yeah I love the Brazilia. Very tasty sticks.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:18 AM 02-17-2010
I have a few suggestions for you:Just my :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:18 AM 02-17-2010
I've smoked cigars for several years now and still haven't tried an Oliva. Guess that will have to change.
[Reply]
issues 08:20 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

I smoke a LOT of cigars and over the past 2 years those were the only cigars to make me woozy. weeeeeeeeee
I can't believe I forgot the Olivas!!! :-)

The Masterblend is an amazing stick IMO (and the Oliva V isn't too shabby either :-) )!
[Reply]
maninblack 08:22 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
I can't believe I forgot the Olivas!!! :-)

The Masterblend is an amazing stick IMO (and the Oliva V isn't too shabby either :-) )!
Yeah I saw the Oliva "V"'s got great ratings. Looks tasty too.:-)
[Reply]
issues 08:24 AM 02-17-2010
Yeah I saw the Oliva "V"'s got great ratings. Looks tasty too.:-)
It is a really nice stick, my favorite being the Lancero...

The DPG Cuban Classic mentioned above is an outstanding smoke but not quite as full-bodied as some of the others mentioned.

I still love them though and the 1977 Corona Especial (Petty Lancero) is probably my next box purchase.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:25 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
It is a really nicce stick, my favorite being the Lancero...

I'll keep that in mind. The belicoso looks like it would do also. I like bigger ring gauges.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 08:26 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

dude....good call!!!!!
[Reply]
issues 08:28 AM 02-17-2010
You know, the first time I tried a V I tried the beli and wasn't really impressed.

When I gave it another shot I grabbed the double robusto and it was very nice.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:36 AM 02-17-2010
Keep em coming people. My list is growing.
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:36 AM 02-17-2010
Padron.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:38 AM 02-17-2010
I've smoked cigars for several years now and still haven't tried an Oliva. Guess that will have to change.
Oliva might make some of the best cigars across the board. Definitely need to get your hands on all of their lines. Cain are very tasty, not over powering :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:45 AM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Padron.
Padron's look great, but I can't justify spending that much when I could get 2 or three good smokes for the price of 1 Padron. But might have to splurge just once to see what all the hypes about.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up