Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 330 of 334
« First < 230280320328329330 331332 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
mosesbotbol 12:29 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
A little cheating occasionally at the end isn't always a bad thing. I used to have some pretty bulging biceps. So did Arnold, and he encouraged a little cheating once in a while on biceps too. :-)

Very few are as motivated as Arnold in the gym...

It's okay for the last one or two reps, but not out of the gate. I am pretty sure Arnold used this device back the day some too.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:20 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Very few are as motivated as Arnold in the gym...

It's okay for the last one or two reps, but not out of the gate. I am pretty sure Arnold used this device back the day some too.
Arnold definitely used the Arm Blaster. He did recommend cheating at the end on barbell curls. I actually do them pretty strict, but every once in a while add more weight than I should and cheat out the last few.

[Reply]
icehog3 06:21 PM 08-23-2021
Supersetted back and chest for volume, just two different exercises for a total of 14 supersets. Good workout for being off 6 days for Shack.

Wide pulldowns / Incline bench x 7 supersets
T-bar rows / Dumbbell bench x 7 supersets
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:41 AM 08-24-2021
I did rope curls from the machine yesterday and they were brutal. We have done those in a long time. Keep the arms close together, they pump the arms like crazy.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:09 AM 04-01-2022
Bringing back the sexy. :-)

Started up at a new gym today. Had a free session with one of the trainers. A lot of talk about goals, etc. His face lit up when I said I loved leg day. So we worked on some squats so he could check my form. Offered some tips that should help as I get back into it. Same for deadlifts and bench press. Might see if I can squeeze in the cost of a training session once a week.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:53 AM 04-03-2022
Good to hear you're hitting it hard at a new place, Bob.

I'm still in the gym 5-6 days a week. Strength and size isn't what it was 10 years ago, but the intensity sure is.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:18 PM 04-04-2022
My trainer is moving the Cape full time in a month. I'll have to look for a new trainer now...

Thinking of switching gyms. My current gym has turned into the high school athlete after school hang out. Don't they have their own gym?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:35 PM 04-04-2022
First real day back. Started light I guess, to get back in the groove. Light weights, focusing on form and reconnecting the mind/muscle connection. Used the gym’s 30 min whole body circuit machines. Idk how you’re supposed to get thru all of them in 30 minutes. I did 5-6 focusing on upper body and that took me 45-50 minutes.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:46 AM 04-05-2022
I have a small tear on my right bicep and have been substituting bicep exercises with more abs since I cannot work the biceps too hard.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:33 AM 04-05-2022
Been years since I've had a biceps tear Moses but I can remember training around them in the past as well. Luckily they always seemed to heal relatively quickly for me, and I never tore it away at the attachment.

Bob, you're smart to ramp up slowly, but you know the drill. Good lifting going forward. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:16 AM 04-06-2022
Wednesday is the new leg day? Every squat rack was occupied, and all but two leg press machines.

Leg press
Hamstring curls
Front dumbbell squats
Calf raises
[Reply]
Dave128 10:25 AM 04-06-2022
I don't run into usage problems. I go to a personal trainer for an hour twice a week. A bit expensive at $50 an hour, but well worth not having to fight for equipment.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:06 PM 04-06-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Been years since I've had a biceps tear Moses but I can remember training around them in the past as well. Luckily they always seemed to heal relatively quickly for me, and I never tore it away at the attachment.
Done some sonic therapy treatments, along with chiro. It's been getting better, but only 70% of my other arm. I think I tore from walking my dog. The chiropractor says he has a patient the had a total tear from starting a lawn mower... Doesn't take much.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:13 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Done some sonic therapy treatments, along with chiro. It's been getting better, but only 70% of my other arm. I think I tore from walking my dog. The chiropractor says he has a patient the had a total tear from starting a lawn mower... Doesn't take much.
It's crazy, I have done some crazy weights on back and biceps, but the tears for me usually came from lighter movements. Maybe they were just "ready to go"?

I wish you a fast recovery on yours, Moses.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:01 PM 04-09-2022
Where did all the work out ban-fam go?

Speedy recovery to you Moses!

I’ve been focusing on lifting these past few weeks/month as the knee heals. Tried to hit the mats Thursday, knee buckled on my switch kick and down she went :-) lucky no pain just a lot of embarrassment :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:54 AM 04-10-2022
Howdy Greg!

I still train at least 5 days a week, but it got dead in here for a while, so I figured no one wanted to hear about my leg presses any more. :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 10:00 PM 04-10-2022
I still read the thread.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:46 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I still read the thread.
Then I will inform you that I am taking the day off. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:18 PM 04-11-2022
Legs again today. The usual suspects.

Leg press
Leg extensions
Hamstring curls
Side lunges
Calf raises

Was treated to a nice view while doing hamstring curls. Tight tank top on the girl doing decline bench. Boing!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:21 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:

Was treated to a nice view while doing hamstring curls. Tight tank top on the girl doing decline bench. Boing!
If only you had seen "her" from the front Bob........

[Reply]
Page 330 of 334
« First < 230280320328329330 331332 > Last »
Up