Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>2" Hygrometer on Humi
Langod 02:31 PM 10-28-2008
My Thompson Humidor has a 2" hygrometer built into the front of it. It is inset into a 1 3/4" hole and has a small gold-toned bezel.

I managed to smash the glass on the dial the other day. Any one know where I can get another? I wrote to Thompson Cigars but they said they don't use those kind anymore and don't have any for sale.
I've seen some 2" ones online, but they don't usually list whether they're for this type of inset application, and often don't say how deep they are.

It doesn't have to be a very good one, since I have a digital hygrometer inside the humi. I just want it for appearances.

A picture is below. (taken before I smashed it.)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:37 PM 10-28-2008
I would like to know this as well.
[Reply]
TXRebel 03:17 PM 10-28-2008
I have never purchased from this site; Premium Humidors offers one with 2" OD, but doesn't give the inset measurement.

Cuban Crafters has on that is 2.5 OD with an inset of 1.75. Looks like you should have enough room, and I have purchased from this company with good results.
[Reply]
dunng 04:15 PM 10-28-2008
Kinda looks like a Savoy?!?! Might try contacting them... :-)

Edit: Nope, sorry - http://www.ashtoncigar.com/Savoy-Humidors_GlassTop.jsp
[Reply]
taltos 04:52 PM 10-28-2008
Since you bought it from them, why not contact Thompson and see if they have a replacement?
[Reply]
kwoody 07:33 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by Langod:
I wrote to Thompson Cigars but they said they don't use those kind anymore and don't have any for sale.
Originally Posted by taltos:
Since you bought it from them, why not contact Thompson and see if they have a replacement?
He tried.

Honestly I would get a digital hygro. I tried the analog for about a month on something similar. And it was no where close to correct. But if you want the analog one good luck getting it replaced! Do you know the manufacturer?
[Reply]
AD720 07:48 PM 10-28-2008
I've got one I think would fit. Do you want a picture of it? Or I can just send it to you. LMK.
[Reply]
Langod 07:26 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
I've got one I think would fit. Do you want a picture of it? Or I can just send it to you. LMK.
PM sent. Thanks.
[Reply]
Up