Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Mexican Hot Chocolate
NCRadioMan 05:40 PM 02-13-2020
Gifted to me by Weelok in maw/pif thread.

Exclusive to Cigar Federation described as a "full bodied, med/full strength 6x50 toro".

Before lighting, you can tell this is a San Andres maduro wrapper. It just has that smell. This toro is heavy and dense in the hand. Hoping for a good draw as it seems too heavy. But alas, draw is perfect!

Upon lighting, copious amounts of smoke. Again I get that nice dark, rich tobacco essence, with hints of spice along with cream to balance it out. As the cigar gets shorter, hints of leather and more spice but the creaminess is still coming through. Has a fairly clean finish, that I didn't expect. Nice. They say it's "uber" complex. I don't about "uber" but it was very interesting all the way through.

If you like a fuller bodied maduro, you will really dig this one. Good cigar from lighting to ashtray and even better because the price is outstanding for these. Thanks Dave! :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 05:57 PM 02-13-2020
Great review and your welcome!!! They are surprisingly good for a cigar that they don’t say too much about beyond the marketing BS. My personal belief is they are a second or residual tobacco from the All My Ex’s Maduro by Ezra Zion.

The Mexican Hot Chocolate (MHC) is looser packed then the All My Ex’s so that somewhat shoots down my theory but they taste very similar.
[Reply]
The Poet 07:00 PM 02-13-2020
So all your ex's are tight?
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:27 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Poet:
So all your ex's are tight?
Ah hahhh, I get it! :-)

@ NC yeah I agree, CigarFed can be a little....emphatic with their descriptions of cigars. That said, yeah the Mexican Hot Chocolate is a great cigar. Dave also sent me a year or so back and I've probably bought 2-3 bundles since!

Great review NC, keep them coming!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:58 AM 02-14-2020
Thanks for the review, Greg! :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 03:30 PM 04-20-2020
These are in at Cigar Fed if interested. I just grabbed a 10 pack :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:59 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
These are in at Cigar Fed if interested. I just grabbed a 10 pack :-)
Me, Too! If You Guys Like It, Must Be Good!:-):-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:28 PM 04-20-2020
Thanks for the review. Saw these at Cigar Fed, may have to go pick up a couple.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:56 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Me, Too! If You Guys Like It, Must Be Good!:-):-)
Me three. 10 pack on the way.
[Reply]
Snook 09:41 PM 04-21-2020
Late to the party here. Sold out. Thanks for the review though. I’ll keep an eye on this one!
[Reply]
Weelok 09:50 PM 04-21-2020
Yeah, these cigars are very good and at a great price. They go FAST.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:06 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Snook:
Late to the party here. Sold out. Thanks for the review though. I’ll keep an eye on this one!
I saw this early, even got the e-note from Cigar Federation. Did not pull the trigger fast enough - trying to justify the expenditure.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Snook 02:50 PM 05-05-2020
These are back in stock. I picked up a fiver.
[Reply]
sigsauer 03:00 PM 05-05-2020
https://store.cigarfederation.com/pr...-hot-chocolate
[Reply]
Up