Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Almost A CC?
longknocker 09:12 AM 08-05-2010
I Wasn't Planning On Reviewing This Stick, But After I Torched It, I Had To!:-)
Received This Bad Boy Courtesy Of "The MacDonald". Thanks, Brother!:-)
Kristoff Ligero Maduro Cigars Description
Kristoff Ligero cigars are patiently handmade in the Dominican Republic. At their core is a blend of well-aged Cuban-seed Dominican and Nicaraguan longfillers, snugly nestled in Cuban-seed Dominican binders. Dark, oily Brazilian Maduro wrappers flawlessly surround the core. The cigars burn true, delivering a medium to full-bodied smoke informed by complex notes of dried cherry, coffee bean, cocoa bean, spice and a sweet finish. This is a must-try cigar for the serious aficionado!

This Beautiful Stick Reminded Me So Much Of A Bolivar GM, Even Though I Haven't Smoked That Many CC's.:-)

Nice Pre-Light Floral Aroma. Draw & Burn Were Excellent, Nice Easy Draw.

Taste Was Pretty Consistent Throughout: Smooth, Rich, With A Nice CC "Tanginess".
[Reply]
longknocker 09:18 AM 08-05-2010
Here's A Close Up Of The Band. "Elite Cuban Taste"! I Agree!:-)

Lastly, A Pic Of My Favorite, Everyday Cutter From "Bill" At The Island Smoke Shop. Give Him A Call For Some Awesome Smokes & Cutters!:-)

This Fantastic Stick Gave Me 2 Hours Of Pure Pleasure This Morning!:-)

Anyone Know The Best Place To Buy These? I Need To Get Another "Fix"!
[Reply]
md4958 09:20 AM 08-05-2010
Thanks for the review Greg :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 09:29 AM 08-05-2010
Thanks for the review. You have me on a quest now to try one and compare it with a BGM. :-)
[Reply]
markem 09:32 AM 08-05-2010
I thought Bill was a maduro fan :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:38 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
I thought Bill was a maduro fan :-)
He Is! He Loves Them All, Though!:-) Love Those Cutters!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:44 AM 08-05-2010
Thanks for the review, Greg.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:02 AM 08-05-2010
Just To Clarify: Talked To "The MacDonald" & He Informed Me This Is The Natural Blend. Great Smoke, Regardless!:-)
Kristoff - Criollo
Made in the spirit of an elite Cuban cigar, the Kristoff embodies the taste and richness a true aficionado is looking for. Packaged in a rough cut cedar box and surrounded by loose tobacco, the Kristoff has a beautiful pre-embargo feel. With a rich oily wrapper, pigtail and shaggy foot, the Kristoff tastes as good as it looks; it offers notes of toasted almond, hints of spice and a sweet finish. Treat your palate to this incredibly smooth medium bodied cigar.
Blend
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Criollo
Binder: Orlor Dominican and Cuban Seed
Filler: Orlor Dominican, Cuban Seed, Nicaraguan
Size
Cigar Length Ring Size
Criollo Churchill 7 50
Criollo Torpedo 6.125 52
Criollo Robusto 5.5 54
Criollo Matador 6.5 60

I Believe This Was The Robusto Size.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:08 AM 08-05-2010
It's hard to beat a nic wrapper over dominican insides. Or a nic wrapper over nic insides. Or a dominican wrapper over dominican insides. :-)
I don't know that I've ever smoked a domininican wrapper over nic insides, but I bet it'd rock, too. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:13 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
It's hard to beat a nic wrapper over dominican insides. Or a nic wrapper over nic insides. Or a dominican wrapper over dominican insides. :-)
I don't know that I've ever smoked a domininican wrapper over nic insides, but I bet it'd rock, too. :-)
You Need To Try This One, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 11:21 AM 08-05-2010
The entire Kristoff line is fantastic for me. The Ligero Maduro being my favorite. I didn't get the similarities between that and a Bolivar but they stand on their own as a great cigar.

MCS
[Reply]
darkleeroy 11:22 AM 08-05-2010
I'm almost positive that the Nestor Miranda Dominicano's are Dominican wrapper over Nicaraguan Filler, and they're pretty tasty to boot.
[Reply]
pektel 11:26 AM 08-05-2010
Great review! All these reviews are going to end up costing me money!
[Reply]
timj219 11:34 AM 08-05-2010
I have one of these I got in a sampler. I'm not sure what to make of the shaggy feet and pigtails on these Kristoffs. But now I'm even more eager to fire one up.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:41 AM 08-05-2010
You're the ONLY one it reminds of a Bolivar GM. It reminds me of old tires and dirt. :-)
[Reply]
the MacDonald 11:55 AM 08-05-2010
Great review! I love Kristoffs, I don't think there is point to the shaggy foot and pigtail, just the sort of rustic Guantanamera style "street cred," but it is no problem lighting them. The whole line has a distinct aroma and "tangy-ness" that just screams good damned smoke.

...and "notes of dried cherry, coffee bean, cocoa bean, spice and a sweet finish" is just about the perfect description. Longnecker should copywrite that phrase and sell it to Kristoff.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:55 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You're the ONLY one it reminds of a Bolivar GM. It reminds me of old tires and dirt. :-)
Leave it to Mean D...tires and dirt!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:31 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
:-) "Elitist"!
[Reply]
ripper 01:37 PM 08-05-2010
Nice review by a good boy. Can't get enough of the Kristoffs.
Also been overdosing on Patel Brothers toros and torpedos. RP's best smoke!
[Reply]
Darrell 01:41 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Leave it to Mean D...tires and dirt!! :-) :-)
I just call it as I see it. :-)

Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) "Elitist"!
Hah. Nope, I just don't think it tastes like a BGM. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up