Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Anyone used the humi?
Scottastic 10:44 AM 07-21-2009
Looking to get my first real humidor, and came across this one. I like it because of the count, as well as the look. Tell me what you think?
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:48 AM 07-21-2009
That was also my first humi, and it is still going strong (along with it's 6 siblings). :-)

Count is probably closer to 200, though.

Holds rh well.
[Reply]
ggriffi 12:02 PM 07-21-2009
I got this one too. 14hole is right about the count and how well it holds rh.

g
[Reply]
Tenor CS 12:04 PM 07-21-2009
Just be warned, that 4 of those drawers on the face are merely decorative. The description on the website you linked is good and accurate. But I've known some who ordered that humi and were disappointed that it only had 2 real drawers.
[Reply]
Scottastic 12:43 PM 07-21-2009
Thanks for the response! There is one more I'm looking at. I wouldn't buy it from the site I've linked to, but I'm between the El Diablo and this one.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:05 PM 07-21-2009
Just get a large cooler and be done with it!
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:15 PM 07-21-2009
Glass is nice, but wood is functional. Just sayin. :-)
[Reply]
Tenor CS 03:01 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by Scottastic:
Thanks for the response! There is one more I'm looking at. I wouldn't buy it from the site I've linked to, but I'm between the El Diablo and this one.
Bobby (s15driftking) has/had that one. I remember him posting a WTS thread on it. If you PM him, maybe he can give you good insight. From what I remember, he loved it, but when he got a vinotemp, he no longer needed it. I think he got his from Tampa Humidor.
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 03:37 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Just get a large cooler and be done with it!
:-) I would get a couple of desktop humi just for grap and go sticks. but if your going to age well :-)
[Reply]
ratpack 03:46 PM 07-21-2009
I bought my second humi from Tampa Humidor. I have been very pleased with it. I have some beads in it and I have been at 70F and 65% since I bought her.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 05:52 PM 07-21-2009
I have the first one and love it, the second will be my next humi if I buy again.:-)
[Reply]
Toasted Coastie 06:09 PM 07-21-2009
I have the first one, but I bought it for much less on C-Bid (yah, I said it).

Also, you can get more humidor for the money keeping an eye on Tampa Humidors imperfects page...
[Reply]
htown 06:14 PM 07-21-2009
This is the one I have and I love it:

http://www.cigartoyz.com/_e/LARGE_CI...ar_Humidor.htm
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:22 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by Toasted Coastie:
Also, you can get more humidor for the money keeping an eye on Tampa Humidors imperfects page...
:-) or this one

I have 3 humidors and a cooler in the year that I've been smoking cigars. After some recent purchasing may need a 2nd cooler. The slope is steep my friend. I denied it at first, thinking I'm only going to need this small desktop. Then it turned into I'm only going to need this 150 ct. Humidor. Then it was this 400 count footlocker is the biggest I will ever need. Then the cooler came and I said better make room for another one :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 06:38 PM 07-21-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
Bobby (s15driftking) has/had that one. I remember him posting a WTS thread on it. If you PM him, maybe he can give you good insight. From what I remember, he loved it, but when he got a vinotemp, he no longer needed it. I think he got his from Tampa Humidor.
Actually I'm not sure if he ever sold it...here's a link to his WTS page for it

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10210

Good luck :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:41 PM 07-21-2009
I have the Salerno from Tampa humidor and it's great. Perfect seal and pretty flexible design. I have a ton of singles in I and also a few boxes.

My only complaint was the seal around the front facing gauge. It needed to be rigged to have a good seal. That also rendered it useless. I have a few digitals in there anyway.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:09 PM 07-21-2009
In a quick search I found the El Diablo cheaper at CI . Linky - http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...p?item=M-GR300 . Savoy also makes real nice humidors , give them a looksie also . I have one(Large Bubinga) and it seals excellently . Good luck on your journey . A couple more sites to check out are - www.Cheaphumidors.com and www.bargainhumidors.com . Your local B&M may make you a deal as well , never hurts to check them out . And dare I forget Marc's site www.Cigarmony.com He's a member here :-)
[Reply]
Scottastic 02:07 AM 07-22-2009
Thanks for all the great info, especially Tenor CS and BamBam. Just PMed s15DriftKing, couldn't pass up that price, not to mention the opportunity to do my first forum purchase!
[Reply]
MarkMc 05:36 AM 07-22-2009
Go for which ever one seals good. But whichever one you choose don't overlook humidification. Because even the most expensive humidors come with crap florist foam for a humidifier. I went to Boveda packs about a year ago and won't ever use anything else. Others have used Heartfelt beads (which I've never tried myself) with much success. So, Daniel Marshall, CBid, Cooler, Vino, get your humidification in check and you'll be happy.
[Reply]
BamBam 06:07 AM 07-22-2009
Thanks for all the great info, especially Tenor CS and BamBam. Just PMed s15DriftKing, couldn't pass up that price, not to mention the opportunity to do my first forum purchase!
No problem Scott. Glad to help. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up