Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Herrera Esteli robusto
borndead1 09:18 PM 02-28-2016
This non-infused cigar from Drew Estate was created by Willy Herrera of El Titan de Bronze Cigars in Miami. Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, Nicaraguan and Honduran fillers.

The cigar is very well rolled. Attractive wrapper, no lumps, heavy in the hand. The wrapper has a very floral scent. The foot has a faint barnyard scent. Good cut, excellent draw.

First few draws...mild flavor on the draw, a bit of tangy grass through the nose but quite a bit of bite. Tangy floral finish.

About 1" in...floral flavor has become more prominent. Tangy finish. The tangy flavor lingers on the palate between draws. Enjoying this cigar a lot so far. Imperfect burn but not bad.

About 2" in...a bit of wood joins the floral in the nose. Solid medium "strength". The bite in the nose exhale has calmed down a bit. A couple of minor burn corrections. Good amount of smoke volume.

About halfway...wood flavor has intensified a bit, and the floral is still there but has morphed into a soft fruity flavor on the finish. A few more burn corrections, but a great smoke so far.

A little past halfway...woodsy flavor has overtaken the floral flavor. Burn has finally straightened out a bit.

Toward the end...flavors are much the same except for the finish. It has taken on a more rich "dark" flavor. Let 'er die at a little over 1".

Final thoughts...yet another winner for Drew Estate in a growing portfolio of great cigars. These guys are bringin' it. This was a fantastic smoke from start to finish and I will definitely be scoring some more of these.

:-)
[Reply]
hudd 09:58 PM 02-28-2016
If someone handed me a cigar and said "here smoke this, it smells like a barnyard but tastes woodsy and has a tangy grassy floral taste", I would have to pass. I smoked one of these last week and didn't detect any of those smells or tastes. Maybe all the peppers I grind and make into hot sauce has messed up my sensory perceptions. It is a good cigar!
[Reply]
Up