Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Enclave figurado
borndead1 10:55 PM 12-26-2015
This is a newer cigar from AJ Fernandez. It's more of a petite saloman shape, 6.5" and 52 ring gauge.

Very nice looking cigar. Rosado wrapper, Cameroon binder, Nicaraguan fillers. Once clipped, it has a perfect draw.

Right off the bat, this cigar doesn't disappoint. Nice flavors, full "strength", nice aroma. Sweet on the draw, spice in the nostrils, noticeable sweetness on the finish.

A few touch ups to the burn at first. I find that this is common with this shape of cigar. Once the burn goes past the tapered foot, it starts burning better.

About 1" in...man this is a tasty smoke. The sweetness has become more pronounced, but the spice is still present in the nose. The sweetness lingers on the palate between draws. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the sweetness is from the Cameroon binder. I remember a similar mouthfeel and sweetness from the old Oliva Grand Cameroon. As I type with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma coming from the foot is NICE. It's a very "cigar" smell, but a little woodsy and spicy. I am digging this smoke so far.

About 2" in...man, what a smoke. The sweetness is still very upfront, but the general spice flavor has taken on more of what I call a "baking spice" flavor. I really can't say enough about the sweet flavor of this cigar. Coupled with the spice, it's like smoking some kind of yummy baked goodness. :-)

About halfway...the overall "strength" of the cigar has subsided a bit, still a solid medium. Sweetness is still very pronounced, but the nose has taken on a more woodsy note.

A little past halfway...the sweetness is still present on the draw, but the woodsy flavor has taken over in the nose and on the finish.

Toward the end...similar. Still sweet, prominent woodsy flavors in the nose and on the finish. A hint of anise on the palate between draws. I let 'er die at around 1". Checking the prices on these, they around around $6 a stick retail. A great value. I would probably buy a box of these at retail.

Final thoughts: What a smoke! AJ has rarely disappointed me, so I was expecting a good cigar, but I gotta say, the Enclave is one of the most memorable and easily one of the best cigars I've smoked in 2015.

:-)
[Reply]
Weelok 11:07 PM 12-26-2015
Great review! AJ Fernandez is an excellent blender and I enjoy his cigars quite a bit.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:03 AM 12-27-2015
Thanks for the review! I've been smoking the Enclave Torros and they're way up on my current favorite list.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:56 PM 12-29-2015
Informative review Mark. Thank you:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 09:18 PM 02-11-2016
Went ahead and snagged a box of these. Smoking one now. What a great cigar.

Hope this doesn't break a rule, but The Party Source has great prices on boxes. Their price on these was a full $20 lower than anyone else.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:51 AM 02-13-2016
very good cigar, think i'll light one right now
[Reply]
Up