Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Undercrown Shade
badbriar 12:55 PM 10-10-2015
Undercrown Shade Gran Toro 6 x 52 cigar, my favorite size, with an Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade wrapper. Absolutely the nicest looking cigar I've seen. Construction is perfection with invisible seams and a nice sturdy cap. Aroma is light with a bit of spiciness that gets the juices flowing. Cut, toast and first draw - WOW! Loads of flavor! Draw and burn are great. Not as much smoke production as the maduro Undercrown, but stays lit even when not regularly attended like the original. Also, like the original, the first half inch is feisty. After that, the Shade settles in and becomes smooth and tasty as can be. Excellent stick. I found my light body go-to cigar! Highly recommended. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:11 PM 10-10-2015
Nice review Rob, not much of a Connecticut guy but maybe i'll try a few :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:53 PM 10-10-2015
Originally Posted by Remo:
Nice review Rob, not much of a Connecticut guy but maybe i'll try a few :-)
:-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:54 PM 10-11-2015
Cardboard, nothing but cardboard to me.
[Reply]
Greentud 09:17 AM 01-08-2016
I only had one but was impressed however I'm one of the few who really like CT wrapper.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:49 PM 01-08-2016
Sounds good. Definitely on my 'try' list.
[Reply]
T.G 11:24 PM 01-08-2016
Just saw your review now, Rob. Thanks for posting.

Jon had bundles of these (or their prototype blends) on the shelf in the big non-infused walk in at the factory back in late 2010. Never realized until now that these finally got to see the light of day.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:01 AM 01-09-2016
Good Stick!:-) One Of The Few Connecticut Wrapped Sticks I Enjoy. Great Review!:-)
[Reply]
Up