Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Moore and Bode - Flamboyan Dark
JKim 09:23 AM 10-15-2008
This review was posted on 3/31/2007

--------------------------------

I bought 12 Boore and Mode cigars today. Scotie (Volfan) had requested some of these from me a few months back when he learned I lived in Atlanta. He knew that Blue Havana II in Alpharetta carried these. I finally got around to that shop. Jim, the shop owner is a top notch guy.

Size: 6 3/4 x 50
Shape: North Greenway
Wrapper: unknown
Filler: unknown, 6 tobaccos (Jim indicates one leaf comes from China, another from Turkey)
Binder: unknown

Burn Time: 1 hour 20 minutes

VERY TOOTHY WRAPPER

Prelight Aroma: not distinguishable, just finished eating chik fil-a before starting this cigar
Prelight Draw - Easy
Firmness - a little loose but uniform down the length of the cigar

Sat on my neighbors front porch enjoying the company of several friends with a cup of Hawaiian Kona. 1/2 teaspoon of sugar

After torching the foot, the first couple of draws were uneventful. Just a mouthful of smoke with a nice tobacco aroma. There were slight hints of spice. After the first inch this cigar really started to pick up with flavors and scents of salted peanuts. There was the slightest hint of cream. Into the second 1/3rd, the cigar picked up a stronger nut taste that turned slightly sweeter. The finish was aged tobacco and slight spice. I was really enjoying this cigar at this point. After the half-way point, the flavor turned into honey roasted peanuts that lingered into the finish. The sweetness settled down after a few draws, then returned to a predominately tobacco flavor. I put this stick down with about an inch left on the cigar. I haven't experienced a cigar with this flavor profile. It started and finished with a medium body. A good evening cigar for me.

The ash held on for almost two inches until I decided to nudge it off in the ashtray. It was white/light grey and firm. This cigar is constructed well.

I did have to correct the burn once soon after I dropped the initial ash, but continued to burn evenly until I put the stick down.

I enjoyed this cigar and would recommend anyone to try one. MSRP is in the range of 11.50, but I paid a little less than marked. I put this up with other cigars in that range.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:48 PM 08-13-2010
Anyone know if M&B is still producing cigars? I guess I could always call the number on their website, but figured I'd ask here first.

I remember smoking these a long, long time ago. Love the understated packaging. Instead of a band there was a tiny circle sticker on the cap, with the M&B initials and I think a different color to indicate which blend it was. Reading this review has me wanting to try them again.
[Reply]
Up