Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Viaje TNT
Bdeuce22 02:23 PM 08-10-2010
Viaje TNT

This stick is very substantial. Stands at 6.25"x54rg and is heavy in the hand, sort of like a Liga Privada. the construction is stellar, which is the norm with almost every viaje stick I've handled.

Holy pepper start, Batman! Almost knocked me on my ass with the first 10 puffs or so. Certainly gets your attention. The pepper mellows to extinction after a few minutes and a nice nutty/leather flavor with a little cinnamon flavor. The cinnamon is more present in the aroma from the smoke than the taste, but is very pleasant.

Coffee comes into play about half way in. Spices dies when the coffee appears. The profile really doesn't change much from here. Pretty full flavored smoke that will take about 1.5 hours to finish.

At first, I was scared with how powerful the start was. I thought it was going to be too much and the smoke was living up to its name, but not the case. The burn and draw were flawless. Overall, not a complex as the DES or the Robusto, but overall I will definitely be buying more of these to sit on and see how they age.

I'm onboard the Viaje train. Every one of their cigars I have enjoyed. Their regular offering is a good Nic that is about $6-7. Somewhat hard to find due to them being relatively new.
[Reply]
BTcigars 03:16 PM 08-10-2010
Nice review. I hope I can try one of these sometime.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:43 PM 08-10-2010
Damn fine review!! Thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
bscottskangum 03:44 PM 08-10-2010
Thanks for the review. I have a couple of these sitting and waiting for me to lead them to a firey death.
[Reply]
Bdeuce22 06:35 PM 08-10-2010
they are really good. try these after you've had a couple different Viajes (maybe you already have).
[Reply]
bigliver 06:53 PM 08-10-2010
Got a fiver of these resting. I may have to fire ime up here soon. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up