Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>E.l.v.i.s. 2009
Don Fernando 12:19 PM 08-05-2010
In june 2009 a Simon (SmokeyNL) and I visited Las Vegas with Aldrin (S0lefule) and Kevin (Ucubed). A bunch of other inmates from Cigar Asylum flew or drove to Las Vegas too to herf with us, which was amazing. While planning our trip and this herf, the Las Vegas part of the trip got the name E.L.V.I.S. which stands for Epic Las Vegas International Smokefest. Andrew Wood from Guillen Cigar was coming too, so I asked him to make a special E.L.V.I.S. cigar. Unfortunately the cigars were stuck in customs, but we were able to buy bundles short after I got back home in The Netherlands.

The first thing I notice is the beautiful shape, the top of the cigar is quite slender. The cigar has a nice color of milk chocolate and the wrapper only has a few minor veins. The cigar has a nice hay smell. The construction feels good. The wrapper has a dry leather look to it. The predraw of this 6 x 50 torpedo is good and I taste raisin.

First flavors I get are earth and coffee but after an inch the coffee disappears. Wood takes the place of the coffee. The flavors are quite dry.

Halfway I taste some herbs and wood, the cigar is mild sweet too. After ⅔ the wood gets stronger, the cigar is still a bit sweet and the earth flavor is gone.

The smoke time of this one dimensional but pleasant cigar is 90 minutes. The draw is good and I got a reasonable amount of smoke. The burn is good and the firm ash is light colored. I would call this a medium bodied and medium flavored cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? I still have half a bundle, so no. This was a limited production, I don't even know if Andy has any left.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:39 PM 08-05-2010
Bring 'em with you next time you're here. By that time they should have some age on 'em. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:51 PM 08-05-2010
I will save one especially for you Bill, promise!
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:01 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I will save one especially for you Bill, promise!
I'm going to hold you to that. Hopefully they won't have too much age. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:23 PM 08-05-2010
Ferd, how do you get such clear pics? Is you camera mounted so as not to shake?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:21 PM 08-05-2010
free hand shots Mike on macro setting of the camera, no tripods or tricks. I shoot up to 20 pics while smoking and select the best 5 for the review.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:22 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
I'm going to hold you to that. Hopefully they won't have too much age. :-)
won't be this year, unless you come to EPIC in Florida.
[Reply]
Up