Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 334
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
Adriftpanda 01:52 PM 04-01-2014
My partner and some friends use Enzer belts and swear by it. I personally don't like to use belts or straps unless I really have to. But after today's deadlift session, I think I'll invest in an Enzer.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:53 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Not anywhere around the east coast from my understanding :-)
I'm sorry, that's not living lol
[Reply]
icehog3 04:28 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
My partner and some friends use Enzer belts and swear by it. I personally don't like to use belts or straps unless I really have to.
Imagine someone who doesn't know us and didn't read the title reading this post first. Yeah. :-)

Sound like a great couple days, Huy, keep it up. Mu first of 3 days of work training today, though it was very physical and I am gonna be sore....Still not the same as the gym though.

Glad your bug was short-lived too, Rob, and hope you are done with it.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:56 PM 04-01-2014
Hahaha freaking, Tom!
[Reply]
RobR1205 09:28 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Imagine someone who doesn't know us and didn't read the title reading this post first
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:18 PM 04-02-2014
Chest/shoulder day.

Flat bench (pause,push): 5x5 (1 drop set)
Incline hammer strength machine: 4x6-8
Flat DB flies: 4x8

Db front raises --- BB side delt raises: 4x8
Seated machine side delts --- upright row: 4x8
Cable shoulder presses (one arm at a time): 4x10
[Reply]
RobR1205 05:22 PM 04-02-2014
Flat bench (pause,push): 5x5
Hey Huy, do you bring the bar all the way down to your chest, or do you go to parallel? I've always wondered what is better in terms of safety/best workout, but I keep finding articles defending both methods :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:39 PM 04-02-2014
I always let the bar come down to my chest. I learned a couple good techniques from a friend of mine. I could see the arguments for both cases, but for me personally, I let the bar touch my chest before pushing.

What has been working for you?
[Reply]
RobR1205 05:45 PM 04-02-2014
I always let the bar come down to my chest. I learned a couple good techniques from a friend of mine. I could see the arguments for both cases, but for me personally, I let the bar touch my chest before pushing.

What has been working for you?
In the spirit of not "cheating" or "half repping" as some would say, I've been bringing it down to my chest. My weight on the bar has gone down slightly, but my overall chest strength has been increasing, as evidenced by my other chest exercises. The only thing I've been very cautious of is resisting the urge to bounce it off my chest on a heavy lift.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:51 PM 04-02-2014
In the spirit of not "cheating" or "half repping" as some would say, I've been bringing it down to my chest. My weight on the bar has gone down slightly, but my overall chest strength has been increasing, as evidenced by my other chest exercises. The only thing I've been very cautious of is resisting the urge to bounce it off my chest on a heavy lift.
There you go. If you are seeing results, then why do something else? As far as bouncing it off my chest, no. I do not let it bounce off my chest, it rests on my chest for a quick second.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:07 PM 04-02-2014
In all honesty, if you find something that works for you when you bench, stick with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it but safety is the number one priority. I find that bringing the barbell down to my chest works best for me, so I stick with it. I know some may not be able to because of shoulder issues.

So when I set up for pressing, I basically dig my shoulder blades so that my upper back is tight. Reason for that is, it helps me control the bar more and helps keep my shoulders healthy. I lower it to the base of my sternum, not the top of my chest. Because, the higher it is on my chest, it'll be harder on my shoulders.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:23 PM 04-02-2014
I can't edit but the reason for me telling you my approach to the bar is because it does make it easier for me to lower the bar all the way down to my chest rather than a couple inches from my chest.
[Reply]
RobR1205 06:51 PM 04-02-2014
There you go. If you are seeing results, then why do something else? As far as bouncing it off my chest, no. I do not let it bounce off my chest, it rests on my chest for a quick second.
Thanks Huy! I was more worried about the prospect of injury, such as a rotator cuff or shoulder tear in the long run. It was only recently that I started going all the way down, about a month and a half. Thanks for the advice! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:33 PM 04-03-2014
Speaking of safety... slightly tweaked the back today doing effing squats. I should have listened to my body. Woke up with a sore back/core from dead lifting already but said eff it, gonna squat today. Also, I haven't back squat in a month or so, I normally do front squats.

Squats: 4x5 and on that last set, I tweaked the back.
Seated leg extensions -- single leg presses: 4x8-10
Smith machine lunges: 4x6-8
lying leg curls -- standing single leg curls: 5x8-10

Some anti-inflammatory and rest. Back at it tomorrow.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:35 PM 04-04-2014
Feel better, Huy.
[Reply]
RobR1205 06:18 AM 04-05-2014
Had myself a great push day yesterday, although my wrist has been acting up from throws in karate. Typical push day: Pushdowns, shoulder press, Flyes, etc.

I am am however, adding long chains to the ends of the barbell for bench press so when I lower the bar, I have to explode with my chest in order to raise the bar back up. Went down a lot of weight (chains are 20 pounds each), and felt much more of a pump than with standard bench press. The chains also swing slightly, which makes my stabilizer muscles work as if I was working with dumbbells. Going to see if this helps my overall chest strength.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:45 PM 04-05-2014
With a tweaked back, I still managed to get in yesterday and today. Just being careful on which exercise I pick and the weights.

Back and chest yesterday. Mainly for hypertrophy, fairly lighter and higher reps.

Arms/abs today. Felt real nice, haven't given arms a day for themselves on a long time.

Have a good weekend fellas
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:59 AM 04-07-2014
Had myself a great push day yesterday, although my wrist has been acting up from throws in karate. Typical push day: Pushdowns, shoulder press, Flyes, etc.

I am am however, adding long chains to the ends of the barbell for bench press so when I lower the bar, I have to explode with my chest in order to raise the bar back up. Went down a lot of weight (chains are 20 pounds each), and felt much more of a pump than with standard bench press. The chains also swing slightly, which makes my stabilizer muscles work as if I was working with dumbbells. Going to see if this helps my overall chest strength.
chains.. ol school! we need to work out soon Rob..

here is my 25lb bulk up, so far.. only have been working out for like 3-4 months now, eating 3300 clean cals a day, meal preping like a mutha!

i feel so much happier and well rounded :-)

[Reply]
RobR1205 07:37 AM 04-07-2014
Damn Ron! Lookin really good! Bulking up very nicely! Where's your gym?
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:43 AM 04-07-2014
Heavy leg day for me yesterday! Consisted of deep back squats, and a$$ to the grass front squats, and various ab exercises. Gonna lift back and biceps today!
[Reply]
Page 23 of 334
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Up