Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 44 of 70
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
BSB 10:29 AM 04-21-2012
Not buying any Kenyans. The "trendy" coffee, overpriced, overhyped. And, I don't care much for them :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:37 AM 04-21-2012
Iced caramel while at Chocolate World in Hershey.
[Reply]
BSB 01:14 PM 04-22-2012
Colombia Guterriez micro lot :-) AWESOME cup! Smooth, sweet, with hints of maple. This is, for sure, a favorite. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 04:10 PM 04-22-2012
Charbucks Sumatra. Haters gonna hate, but I love it. Tough to beat for $5.50/ 12oz.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:42 AM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
Not buying any Kenyans. The "trendy" coffee, overpriced, overhyped. And, I don't care much for them :-)

I dont know about "trendy". I had no idea :-)

The 2 varieties I got last season were excelent. This year they seem a little "green" taste to them. Still pretty decent though. It seemed better today w/ 5 days rest.
[Reply]
BSB 04:44 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Charbucks Sumatra. Haters gonna hate, but I love it. Tough to beat for $5.50/ 12oz.
Tough to beat?? I just got Sumatra Lake Toba 19+ Ulos for $6.56 a pound, I'll fresh roast it and it will be so good as to be uncompareable to that sludge you are drinking :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:31 AM 04-25-2012
I am cold brewing a pot of Peru Andes Reserve.
I had a FP cup this morning, pretty tasty.

Anybody ever try cold brewing?
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:25 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I am cold brewing a pot of Peru Andes Reserve.
I had a FP cup this morning, pretty tasty.

Anybody ever try cold brewing?
Nope. What is it? Just cold water instead of hot?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:31 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Nope. What is it? Just cold water instead of hot?
Basically you brew coffee with time instead of heat. It takes anywhere from 12-24 hours at room temperature to steep. You steep the ground coffee with room temperature water. There are many different techniques and recipes, but the one I am trying is after the steep you filter and mix with water (or milk) 1:1, pour over ice and enjoy. This is reported to be the only way to make amazing iced coffee. I have some steeping now, I will update tomorrow!
[Reply]
BSB 10:46 AM 04-25-2012
I make cold press by the gallon, awesome. Great flavor, no acidity.
El Salvador El Carrizal Roasted 2 days ago to FC, drip, Silk. Very nice cup, "like chocolate covered in cherries." Should be better tomorrow, with a little more rest to settle the brightness.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:42 AM 04-25-2012
I make cold press by the gallon, awesome. Great flavor, no acidity.
El Salvador El Carrizal Roasted 2 days ago to FC, drip, Silk. Very nice cup, "like chocolate covered in cherries." Should be better tomorrow, with a little more rest to settle the brightness.
What equipment do you use to make a gallon? How much grinds? I suppose I could make this in a gallon jug but how much grinds to use?
[Reply]
Mr B 11:54 AM 04-25-2012
Costa Rica Finca Bella Vista at City+.
Love this one. Very Juicy with lite baking spices and coco.
[Reply]
BSB 02:31 PM 04-25-2012
What equipment do you use to make a gallon? How much grinds? I suppose I could make this in a gallon jug but how much grinds to use?
Nice clean 5 gallon bucket. I use 1 pound of coffee, 1 and 1/2 gal water, let it steep overnight. Strain thru a gold filter. Keep in the fridge, in a gal jug. I don't work real hard to get all the liquid out of the grounds. Too much work and sediment. There are those that say, a second filtration, thru paper makes this a better cup, but I don't have the patience to wait. It takes FOREVER to filter that much coffee thru paper.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:38 PM 04-25-2012
Nice clean 5 gallon bucket. I use 1 pound of coffee, 1 and 1/2 gal water, let it steep overnight. Strain thru a gold filter. Keep in the fridge, in a gal jug. I don't work real hard to get all the liquid out of the grounds. Too much work and sediment. There are those that say, a second filtration, thru paper makes this a better cup, but I don't have the patience to wait. It takes FOREVER to filter that much coffee thru paper.
Well I am only doing a french press now, I will work on going bigger if it is tasty :-)
It is nice to have you coffee vets around to give advice to use rooks!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:30 AM 04-26-2012
I am drinking cold brew iced Peru Andes Reserve.
WOW, this is soo good and sweet and smooth. I added some milk instead of water and tried it with and without some sugar. This is soo flavorful! Now to scale it up, went and purchased a gold filter and container last night.

Here is the filter: http://www.mrcoffeestore.com/product...C&kw={keyword}
[Reply]
Mr B 11:41 AM 04-26-2012
Having a mug of 80% Burundi at City+ and 20% kenya at Full City.
Very good blend.
[Reply]
BSB 03:24 PM 04-26-2012
I am drinking cold brew iced Peru Andes Reserve.
WOW, this is soo good and sweet and smooth. I added some milk instead of water and tried it with and without some sugar. This is soo flavorful! Now to scale it up, went and purchased a gold filter and container last night.

Here is the filter: http://www.mrcoffeestore.com/product...C&kw={keyword}
That is perfect!
The El Salvador, with 3, AWESOME!!
[Reply]
Mr B 03:44 PM 05-10-2012
This morning was El Salvador Majahual Tablon La Montana at City+.
This is such a great bean when kept below the Full city+ mark. Great citrus twang with graham cracker notes.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 05:57 PM 05-10-2012
Just opened a box of Tully's "French Roast" K-Cups for my Keurig this morning. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 09:47 AM 05-11-2012
Papua New Guinea Baroida Estate at Full City+.
Nice hints of Coco and Rasin/Prune. Just a hint of citrus left at this roast level.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 70
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
Up