Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>The Cruise Discussion Thread
Axeman 04:52 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Lance, what did you do those other 2 nights? :-) :-)
:-) Alaska in July...:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:01 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by 357:
Yeah, I don't do masks, lockdowns, or vax mandates. If that's on the itinerary, I'm out.
If I can't smoke a cigar I'm probably out for that reason too. I've got better things to do with my time and money.
Oh yeah, more reasons to not take cruises...although, those weren't acceptable excuses for my 25th (or 30th or 35th) Anniversary. I suppose I could use that excuse now though?

By the way, tying this to another thread, wasn't my other post worth a rep bump?

:-)

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
357 06:41 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Oh yeah, more reasons to not take cruises...although, those weren't acceptable excuses for my 25th (or 30th or 35th) Anniversary. I suppose I could use that excuse now though?

By the way, tying this to another thread, wasn't my other post worth a rep bump?

:-)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RevSmoke again.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:32 PM 07-20-2022
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:04 PM 02-06-2023
We were on the Norwegian Getaway a few weeks ago and they still have a cigar lounge. Unfortunately, most of the people in there were smoking cigarettes, but better than nothing.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:41 AM 04-20-2023
Back from French Polynesia on the Oceania Regatta. It has some incredible food. Hell, you could get steaks cooked to order and lobster tails in the friggin' buffet. The Italian restaurant had a separate menu for olive oils and balsamic vinegars. It's definitely a food-lover's cruise line.

It has a smoking lounge, but it's dominated by cigarette smokers. There were no cigars available for purchase on the ship.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:27 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Back from French Polynesia on the Oceania Regatta. It has some incredible food. Hell, you could get steaks cooked to order and lobster tails in the friggin' buffet. The Italian restaurant had a separate menu for olive oils and balsamic vinegars. It's definitely a food-lover's cruise line.

It has a smoking lounge, but it's dominated by cigarette smokers. There were no cigars available for purchase on the ship.
Did you bring your own and deal with the cigs, James?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:01 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you bring your own and deal with the cigs, James?
That's my normal plan; bring a travel humi and 10 or so sticks. Plus there's an open-air section on the pool deck where you can smoke. It works better than the lounge while in port, not so much while under way because of the wind.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 AM 04-20-2023
That's my normal plan; bring a travel humi and 10 or so sticks. Plus there's an open-air section on the pool deck where you can smoke. It works better than the lounge while in port, not so much while under way because of the wind.
Gotcha. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:26 AM 04-22-2023
Going on a cruise Monday...on TFB (instead of USS - this is TFB, Todd's Fishing Boat) Kallz.
[the name of the boat is so that my secretary can answer the phone on my day off and say with all seriousness, "Pastor is out on Kallz presently."
Will be cruising close shore of Lake Michigan.
Hopefully eating well afterward, depending on the bite!

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:18 PM 04-22-2023
Good luck, and photos of a good catch are always appreciated!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:31 AM 04-24-2023

Any pictures? Sounds great.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:58 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Any pictures? Sounds great.
Quite a few, but I'm having issues with Flickr and their new TOS. I need to find a new free photo site.
[Reply]
Weelok 04:26 PM 04-24-2023
Quite a few, but I'm having issues with Flickr and their new TOS. I need to find a new free photo site.
I use posting.org

Pretty easy to use. Remember to size for a forum or you will look yuge.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 10:48 PM 04-24-2023

I use img.bb
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 AM 04-25-2023
I use imgur.com, and like Dave said, size your picture to the forum. It's simple with imgur.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:26 AM 04-25-2023
I'm trying out Imgur. Let's see how this goes.

A rare sighting of Cloudzilla on the flight to Tahiti:

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:30 AM 04-25-2023
Photos don't do justice to how amazing the water is.

Bora Bora:

A coconut drifting out to sea in Papeete:

Fakarava:
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:31 AM 04-25-2023
We stayed two nights after the cruise in Papeete. The view from the hotel:

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:34 AM 04-25-2023
Steph getting hangry :-) :

No kidding, this was one of the top 10 Amber Ales I've ever had:

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3