Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 231
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
WildBlueSooner 08:42 AM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by Stogieman:
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is on. Yesterday was a blast at the NUB Event. It was great to see Sam Leccia, Rick from Oliva, Michelle & Bruce and all the crew from Uptown. Primo cigars, superb variety of single malt scotches, tastey treats and it was great to see all the folks attending the event. Today should be a great weather day with temps reaching the lower 60s, so I'll be on my back deck barbequing and smoking a favorite cigar or two while watching the Yankees taking on the Twins at 1315 (1:15pm). I hope everyone enjoys themselves today as well and gets to relax before they have to go back tomorrow......... :-)

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!
Sounds like a nice day planned Charlie!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:35 AM 03-16-2009
Good morning all and here's to a new week. The coffee is on and we have a variety of pastries for this morning's breakfast. The weather was great yesterday, got a lot of relaxation time in, enjoyed a fresh roll that Sam Leccia did up on Saturday and then we had a few relatives over for corned beef and cabbage. All in all, it was a super Sunday and the only thing that could have made it a NASCAR race would have been on :-) . Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:34 AM 03-17-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. Happy St. Patty's Day all and I hope you have your fill of corned beef and cabbage and all the other Irish treats that go along with it. The weather looks like it will be nice in NYC for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

http://nyc-st-patrick-day-parade.org/default.aspx

Enjoy a favorite cigar and a pint or two while you're out there and remember that our boys in blue with be out there as well......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:27 AM 03-18-2009
Good morning all and Happy Hump Day. The coffee is on and I know that there's a half a loaf of Irish Soda Bread left at the office fresh from yesterday. Well, I received an email from Mark (mrtapes) yesterday that he was coming down to the Hudson Valley area so we met up at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a cigar. It was good seeing my good friend and taking the time to enjoy a cigar and catching up. Today should be another great weather day, so I'll be on my back deck with the BBQ going as well as a favorite ceegar. I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy it as well........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:29 AM 03-19-2009
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, we are 18 days till "Opening Day" for baseball and I can hardly wait. It will be great to see the Bronx Bombers back in action and playing in thier new stadium. Beth is a Mets fan and I'm sure she has the same feelings and they'll be in a new stadium this year as well. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo cigars and and a cool drink or two. If you're close by and have the time, stop on over and join us. If not, I hope you get to enjoy a favorite stogie as well.......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:36 AM 03-20-2009
Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!!! Well, it's Friday and we are exactly 6 weeks from when we drive up to Split Rock Resort for CigarFest 2009. We talked about it last night while we were enjoying cigars at Schlesinger's and all of us that are presently going have paid in full for our villas and the tickets should be on thier way in another week or so. Anyway, we had a good time last night and I definitely enjoyed a Capadura that Israel (uptown_isy) gifted me last week and will try the new blend he handed out last night this coming weekend. As far as this weekend, it is filled with NASCAR from Bristol, TN, baseball, basketball, golf and hockey. I hope everyone has a great one and takes the time to enjoy a favorite or two or....... :-)

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:23 AM 03-21-2009
Good morning all and yes, the fresh pot of joe is brewin'. Decided to sleep in this morning and catch up on some lost sleep. Today should be a great weather day being that it's already sunny and the temps will reach the mid to upper 40s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

There's plenty of sports on the tube today and I'll definitely get a chance or two to smoke a favorite ceegar being that we don't have to much planned for the day. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:32 AM 03-22-2009
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is hittin' the spot. I've got a little running around to do this morning and then the NASCAR race is on at 1330 (1:30pm) live from Bristol, TN:

http://www.nascar.com/

Bristol Motor Speedway is one of my favorite tracks as it's definitely a "Rubbin' is Racin'" type of track. It's just over a half mile around and the corners are 36 degrees banked and there's 160,000 seats in this baby:

http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/bms/index.html

Besides that, there's plenty of other sports on today to include baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, tennis and soccer. The BBQ will be on and there will be ceegars being toasted as well. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 03-23-2009
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, it was a relaxing weekend filled with sports on the tube and plenty of good BBQ and good weather. This week should go by rather quickly as it's filled with meetings at work in preperation of graduation here at West Point. Also, one of my nieces is getting married Saturday, so we have to prepare for that. College basketball is in full swing, MLB is about ready to start thier regular season and NASCAR is in week six. All in all, this is my favorite time of the year and the weather is cooperating as well. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:57 AM 03-24-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, single game tickets to Yankees home games go on sale today at 1000 (10am):

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticke...egametix032009

I'm sure that thier server will be busy but I'll be on it as well picking out a few games to check out the Bombers at home in thier new stadium. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite cigar if you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:50 AM 03-25-2009
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 and hopefully it'll be a nice day out. It's Hump Day and a number of us (roughly 70) are off this Friday going up to Cooperstown, NY to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Our local classic rock channel, 101.5 WPDH set up the trip and it's all free to include a full buffet for lunch. There's a VFW right across the street which allows smoking and has dollar drafts all afternoon :-) . I hope everyone has a great day and gets to smoke a favorite ceegar....... :-)
[Reply]
cle_smoker 06:16 AM 03-25-2009
Never been to Cooperstown, but it is on my places to visit list. Have a great time.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:04 AM 03-25-2009
Have a good time Charlie. I plan on making a trip out there after Rickey gets inducted. Have not been there in many years.
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:42 AM 03-27-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, we had good time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar as always. We had the regular Thursday night crowd along with LouieD (quickly becoming a weekly regular) and Carlos (Saxjazzman). Today we're heading up to the Baseball Hall of Fame in a couple of hours on the WPDH bus ride, should be another good trip. The weather looks to be nice up there with temps in the mid 50s and partly sunny:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-74.9277&e=1

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:06 AM 03-27-2009
Have fun at the HOF. I plan on going up after Rickey gets inducted this summer.
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:33 AM 03-29-2009
Good morning all and again, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is my choice of coffee this morning. Yesterday's wedding was a blast as everyone had a great time. Today we have baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, tennis and NASCAR on the TV. I'll be heading over to one of my nephew's house to share a couple of ceegars and watch the race as the ladies are going over to Eisenhower Hall on West Point to catch the Broadway play "HAIRSPRAY":

http://www.eisenhowerhall.com/artists.htm#11

I'm sure that the ladies will be having a good time as well as we will be smoking ceegars and watching the race. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:33 AM 03-30-2009
Good morning all and yes, as always the coffee is on. Had a good day yesterday spending the better part of it over at my nephew's taking down an old gazeebo and then adjusting the garage door so it can go up and down like it use too. Then a number of us sat out on his front porch smoking Monte Cristos and talking world news. I set the DVR to record the NASCAR race from Martinsville, VA and watched that last night which was a good one with Jimmie Johnson winning it and all of the Hendrick cars finishing in the top 8 postions. Also, the Final Four has been decided and this year we have Michigan St. vs. UConn and Villanova vs. UNC:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s/viewable_men

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites all through it......... :-)

Oh yeah, we are 32 days from CigarFest 2009!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:11 AM 03-31-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There's no much going on today, just another day at the office with meetings and the unexpected emergency that might pop up. Well, we are 6 days from "Open Day" for MLB and I can hardly wait. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:34 AM 04-01-2009
Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, it's "Hump Day" and I can hardly wait till the weekend and relax as this week is a hectic one. We have a major exercise this Friday here at West Point (Stadium Evacuation) which is an annual requirement prior to Graduation. All the while, we have our day to day operation as well as preparing for next week's exercise (Civil Disturbance - Protest) which is also an annual requirement. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good week and enjoying a few of your favorites when you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 04-02-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, with yesterday being the 1st of April, there were a few fools tricks being played on some. As long as it's only onced the year, I don't mind it. Today will be another busy one with all the members of the Emergency Operations Center coming in various times to do thier communication checks and set stuff up for tomorrow. Then today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoy cigars and relaxing a bit all the while catching up on all the world news. If you have a couple of hours and you're close by, come on over and join in on the fun. If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a relaxing evening as well and enjoy a favorite cigar or two while you're at it......... :-)

Oh yeah, "Opening Day" for MLB is in 4 days!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 231
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Up