Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 79 of 270
« First < 2969777879 808189129179 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Smokin Gator 03:00 PM 02-09-2011
Dang Adam... that made me drool a little. I freakin' love beef ribs when they are meaty and those look devine!!!
[Reply]
jdawg 05:39 PM 02-09-2011
Wow! That looked good!
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:20 AM 02-10-2011
Beautiful smoke ring Adam,how long did they go for?
[Reply]
T.G 08:41 AM 02-10-2011
Thanks all.

Dave, the meat took about 4-1/2 to 5 hours of cook time. Three pieces of plum wood cut from branches were tossed on at the beginning and allowed to flame out before the meat went on; if I were to have stacked the pieces, they would be about the same size, in height and diameter, as one of the small (8 oz) Red Bull cans.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:11 AM 02-10-2011
Those look delicious! :-) Gotta like the price too! :-)
[Reply]
Ender 12:17 PM 02-13-2011
Got a light pork butt in the smoker going at approx. 200 degrees. Haven't smoked in the winter yet but seeing as today is about 42 degrees out I thought I'd give it a try. Plus my new remote thermometer had to be tested. So far so good. I love this bad boy. Now if only it could tell me the temperature of the smoker and how much smoke it's producing I'd be golden.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:40 AM 02-14-2011
Just got a WSM 18.5" over the weekend. Can't wait to fire it up this weekend. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:45 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Just got a WSM 18.5" over the weekend. Can't wait to fire it up this weekend. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
cort 01:34 PM 02-14-2011
Look who's Ballin' now.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 02:02 PM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by Cort:
Look who's Ballin' now.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Mikes 05:55 PM 02-14-2011
FYI If you are looking for a new smoker. Not sure of the build quality...but the price sure does seem right. Might be worth a look?

Originally Posted by :
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm Post subject: Sale at Academy Sports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw on line at Academy Sports that they have the Chargriller Outlaw on sale for $78. The side firebox is also on sale for $18. Great price if anyone is interested. You can view the items at the links below.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...262-40521-2137

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...262-40521-2242

[Reply]
Stevez 09:57 AM 02-15-2011
Congratulations. I love my WSM and it works fantastic. If you haven't already, check out the website that is dedicated to this smoker. great ideas, recipes and how to videos. Their smoked chicken wings are to die for and have been a huge hit every time I make them. Outstanding. Steve

[Reply]
ucla695 06:36 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Congratulations. I love my WSM and it works fantastic. If you haven't already, check out the website that is dedicated to this smoker. great ideas, recipes and how to videos. Their smoked chicken wings are to die for and have been a huge hit every time I make them. Outstanding. Steve
Thanks. I frequent the TVWBB site and there's a wealth of knowledge there. I'm planning what I want to smoke over the weekend. :-) I can't wait!
[Reply]
tupacboy 12:12 PM 02-17-2011
NOOBERIFIC - NOOBALICIOUS ALERT!!

alright guys... looks like bradley gets her first run this sat... thinking about doing a couple pork ribs... any reccomendations on a dry rub? ..

also, what temp should they be at and for how long... unfortunately i don't think my wireless thermostat is gonna make it in time so i'm gonna have to kinda wing it... from what i can tell i should use basically 6 pucks or 1.5 hrs of smoke... do i need to put a alum pan underneath after/before smoking?

thinking about making these with it in the beginning...

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recip...buffalo-turds/

Any tips / advice is greatly appreciated... i'm a noob willing to learn :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 12:25 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by tupacboy:

alright guys... looks like bradley gets her first run this sat... thinking about doing a couple pork ribs... any reccomendations on a dry rub? ..

also, what temp should they be at and for how long... unfortunately i don't think my wireless thermostat is gonna make it in time so i'm gonna have to kinda wing it... from what i can tell i should use basically 6 pucks or 1.5 hrs of smoke... do i need to put a alum pan underneath after/before smoking?

thinking about making these with it in the beginning...

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recip...buffalo-turds/

Any tips / advice is greatly appreciated... i'm a noob willing to learn :-)
No advice for your smoker - I use a cheap charcoal bullet smoker - but DEFINITELY make the ABTs. I use a similar recipe, but I mix in a little shredded cheddar with the cream cheese. And I do about half with sausages and half without. I cook them low for most of the time, and then ramp up the heat to crisp up the bacon.

I usually make them every time I smoke something :-) (and have been known to fire it up just to make those)
[Reply]
T.G 12:29 PM 02-17-2011
Not sure what smoke woods you plan on using but the BRITU rub is a fantastic rub for pork ribs with most smoke woods. Straight hickory can overpower it though, but a blend of hickory and lighter woods is typically ok.

I have no idea on how many pucks you need.

You definitely will want a drip pan in there.

ABTs are great. There are about a thousand different ways to make them too - limited only by the imagination really. Some use cheddar cheese in the cream cheese, some use a soft Mexican cheese (Casero or Panela), pieces of fancy sausages rather than little smokies, mini-meatballs, etc...
[Reply]
OLS 12:48 PM 02-17-2011

alright guys... looks like bradley gets her first run this sat
Wow, this is gonna be fun. Always nice to have another brother in the game.
I have taken out a large chuck roast for the weekend, but when I was at el supermercado,
I saw a HUUUuuge Chuck roast for 63 bucks. I was gonna buy it but I do not like smoked
beef much. I could have just low and slowed it, though. But it was too big for the current
freezer sitcho. Looking forward to pics, pac.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:53 AM 02-18-2011

I usually smoke mine between 225*- 250*until they pass the bend test...usually for 5 1/2 to 6 hours. YMMV.

Yes, I'd use a pan....less mess to clean. :-)

Enjoy the ribs, ABTs and learning to use your Bradley!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:07 AM 02-18-2011
tupacboy, every bradley puck will give you 20 mins of smoke, so 6 will give you 2 hours of smoke. Pretty much everything I smoke in my Bradley, I use about 8 pucks, so a little over 2.5 hours. If you don't have any puck savers yet, you'll need to use a couple extra to push the last one off the heated plate and into your catch bowl.

Your Bradley should've come with a catch pan and water bowl. The pan obviously goes on the bottom. The water bowl is to catch the spent pucks, plus add moisture. Depending upon how long you intend to smoke, you'll need to occassionally add water.

Are you doing baby back or regular spare ribs? Like others have said, I smoke mine around 225-250. 4 hours or so for baby backs, 5-6 for spare ribs.
[Reply]
tupacboy 09:28 AM 02-18-2011
going with the babyback :-)

figured 2.5 hrs of smoke... 1 hr in foil... 1 hr open should be good...

so no drip pan cause we have the catch pan in there? woot no more disposable aluminum!
[Reply]
Page 79 of 270
« First < 2969777879 808189129179 > Last »
Up