Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Palio Esencia LTD 2008 "Revisited"
longknocker 08:19 AM 10-26-2010
I Did A Review Some Time Ago On The Belicoso Esencia:http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35387
Marc (OpusEx) Was Very Gracious & Sent Me "2" Of The Corona Gordas To Sample As He Felt This vitola best represented the Marca. These Sticks Are A Little Smaller RG (46 X 5.63) And I Received Them From Marc on 10/1/10 And Stored Them In My Humi @ 67%, 75* Since Then. On With The Review:
The Stick I Smoked Had Some Wrapper Issues When I Received It & I Hoped A Slightly Higher RH Would Help The Wrapper Issue.
I Cut The Cap As Smoothly As I Could, But It Unraveled Slightly as You Can See.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:27 AM 10-26-2010
Initial Draw Was Very Smooth & Easy With A Nice "Hickory" Flavor. Maybe A Touch Of Spice & Sweetness, No Pepper Detected, & Tons Of Thick White Smoke, Just Like I Like My Sticks!:-) Still Having Some Wrapper Issues & I Had To Relight 4 Times During The Smoke To Keep The Burn Going.

The Flavor Profile Stayed Pretty Much The Same Throughout. I Didn't Detect Any Cinnamon or Caramel in this Vitola like I Did In the Belicoso.
I Tried To Show The Thick Volume Of Smoke Here:
[Reply]
longknocker 08:36 AM 10-26-2010
Middle & Last 1/3 Pics:

My Favorite Cutter & Lighter:
Total Duration Of Smoke: 1.5 Hours
I Wonder If These Sticks Would Benefit From A Longer Rest As I Read In Another Review. This Other Review Noted Some Wrapper Issues, Also, But That Can Happen With Any Cigar. Overall, The Cigar Had A Great Flavor Profile & The Only Issue I Had Was The Wrapper. Great Taste & Definitely Box Worthy! Thanks Again, Marc, For The Opportunity To Try This Vitola!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:15 PM 10-26-2010
Damn fine review Greg...this stick still remains my kryptonite!!! :-)
[Reply]
Up