Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>2013 MLB Hall of Fame ballot
Stephen 04:52 PM 12-01-2012
Omitting Clemens and Bonds (who to me are first ballot HOF guys) the only two I would vote for would be Biggio and Piazza.
[Reply]
Gophernut 05:22 PM 12-01-2012
Saw on the ESPN crawl, that a preliminary count of votes showed that Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa did not get in.
[Reply]
bvilchez 07:06 PM 12-01-2012
The unfortunate part of those steroid users on the current list is that I believe, IMO, that without the substances they took they still would have been extraordinary players. I don't know if they would have been putting up numbers like they did but their performance would have still been superb enough to get them inducted.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:36 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
The unfortunate part of those steroid users on the current list is that I believe, IMO, that without the substances they took they still would have been extraordinary players. I don't know if they would have been putting up numbers like they did but their performance would have still been superb enough to get them inducted.
Agreed, Jay,
[Reply]
mase 08:28 PM 12-01-2012
Surprised no one mentioned Piazza. Greatest offensive catcher ever. I think he makes it.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:01 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Omitting Clemens and Bonds (who to me are first ballot HOF guys) the only two I would vote for would be Biggio and Piazza.
Originally Posted by mase:
Surprised no one mentioned Piazza. Greatest offensive catcher ever. I think he makes it.
[Reply]
dozer 11:27 PM 12-04-2012
I'd be surprised if Bagwell didn't juice, yet he will most likely get in at some point. I just don't see how you can keep Bonds out when there will be users that eventually slide through.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:02 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by dozer:
I'd be surprised if Bagwell didn't juice, yet he will most likely get in at some point. I just don't see how you can keep Bonds out when there will be users that eventually slide through.
Yep. Completely stupid. Ditto for Clemens. The best pitcher and the best everyday player from this generation and neither one will be in the HOF (anytime soon at least) because of speculation.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:58 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by mase:
Surprised no one mentioned Piazza. Greatest offensive catcher ever.
And possibly the worst defensive catcher ever too, so there's that also. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
dozer 11:17 PM 12-05-2012
Despite his shortcomings defensively, Piazza deserves to be in...I am still holding out for Edgar as a dh...
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:28 AM 01-08-2013
The ballot results will be announced tomorrow @ 2PM ET
[Reply]
Gophernut 12:03 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
The ballot results will be announced tomorrow @ 2PM ET
Nobody gets in. Interesting.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:09 PM 01-09-2013
Come on now...not one person?? I guess the writers are holding everyone that played in the "sterioid era" hostage. I, for one, completely disagree with this decision. BOOOO!!!
[Reply]
Gophernut 12:13 PM 01-09-2013
I agree Mac, I thought that Biggio, Piazza, and Morris should have gotten in.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:56 PM 01-09-2013
Not surprised & not even sure I am disappointed. It will be interesting to see if the big names get in later. There is something to be said for being a first ballot guy and you knew because of their history, they weren't going to be FBG's.

I thought Biggio may slide in.

Next year they'll get some 1st ballot guys.....
[Reply]
E.J. 02:02 PM 01-09-2013
Those mentioning Piazza, I had always assumed he was a juicer....and don't think I'm alone. Though he isn't Bonds, Mac, Sosa, Clemens et. al., I think he gets lumped in with the PED guys.
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:55 PM 01-09-2013
Interesting results, indeed.
The writers set out to send a message.
I'm not really sure how I feel about this.
One thing is for certain, I am starting to dislike these writers (not just in baseball) who vote.
They use "integrity of the game" as the main reason to keep guys out!
Then they use these ballots to settle grudges and personal vendettas.
Where's the integrity in that? :-)

Originally Posted by :
The BBWAA election rules say: "Voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played."

[Reply]
icehog3 07:20 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
They use "integrity of the game" as the main reason to keep guys out!
Then they use these ballots to settle grudges and personal vendettas.
Where's the integrity in that? :-)
Couldn't agree with you more, Dom. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:18 AM 01-10-2013
Craig Biggio
Don Mattingly
Bernie Wiliams
[Reply]
Stephen 07:10 AM 01-10-2013
I couldn't have said it any better myself...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up