Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Entertainment>Old School/Retro Gaming: What are You Playing?
Starscream 07:15 PM 09-20-2011
Since the Game Thread is pretty much all new stuff, I'd like to see if anyone's playing any of the old stuff (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Neo-Geo, N64, PS1, emulators, etc...)
Also, anything retro on the Wii Virtual Console or PS3, XBox 360, or PC too.
I've been playing Punch-Out, Tecmo Bowl, Contra, Castlevania, Earthbound, and TMNT: The Arcade Game of late.

Anybody else into retro gaming?
[Reply]
Starscream 07:19 PM 09-20-2011
Other notables I've played of late:

Kid Icarus
Metroid
Battletoads (The Arcade Version)
Excitebike
Super Mario All-Stars
X-Men: The Arcade Game
The Avengers
Mega Man 2

Old school gamers, recommend something good.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:19 PM 09-20-2011
Just beat Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest 1 during my short semester break. Played it on a NES emulator on my MacBook
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:30 PM 09-20-2011
NES and Super Nintendo are the only systems I know how to play.

Kung-Fu
Street Fighter 2
Skate or Die
California Games
Star Fox

Some of the best:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:33 PM 09-20-2011
I've been playing Pong in my head all day.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:34 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
NES and Super Nintendo are the only systems I know how to play.

Kung-Fu
Street Fighter 2
Skate or Die
California Games
Star Fox

Some of the best:-)
Star Fox for SNES?
I might have to revisit Skate or Die and California Games. I loved Skate or Die when I was a kid, but couldn't figure it out when I revisited it last year.

And how could I forget the most AWESOME game of all time:

STREETS OF RAGE 2! The soundtrack alone puts it in the top ten, but the gameplay for a beat'em up makes it my favorite of ALL TIME.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:53 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:

STREETS OF RAGE 2! The soundtrack alone puts it in the top ten, but the gameplay for a beat'em up makes it my favorite of ALL TIME.
I love me some Streets of Rage, man I gotta hook the Wii up and play that again
[Reply]
Starscream 08:36 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I've been playing Pong in my head all day.
Does the bouncing back and forth give you a headache?:-)

Never was good at either Pong or the more modernized Breakout, but I still respect both games.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:37 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I love me some Streets of Rage, man I gotta hook the Wii up and play that again
1,2,or 3?

2 was the greatest IMHO.
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:42 PM 09-22-2011
I've been playing Mario kart and Mario tennis on my lime green 64
[Reply]
The Poet 01:49 PM 09-22-2011
Does Red Rover count? :-)
[Reply]
pektel 01:58 PM 09-22-2011
I don't own any new game system. I bought a PS2 a few years ago when I quit drinking to keep me occupied. Now it doesn't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. I still have my original NES from 20 or so years ago, along with a few games. Commando, Gunsmoke, Gradius, Contra, Baseball, Ice Hockey, Skate or Die 1 & 2, World Cup soccer, Super Spike V-Ball... and of course all 3 super mario's.

But my favorite was always Breakthru. That game is the isht.
[Reply]
JackSchwartz 02:25 PM 09-22-2011
I used to play Kid Icarus all the time. Loved that game. I still play RBI Baseball on the NES when I visit my parents.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 05:21 PM 09-22-2011
1,2,or 3?

2 was the greatest IMHO.
I think I have 1 and 3 on the wii, and I like the original better, but now, guess i need to buy 2 as well :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 05:34 PM 09-22-2011
I think I have 1 and 3 on the wii, and I like the original better, but now, guess i need to buy 2 as well :-)
Love the feature to buy old school NES games on the wii. I have punch out and smb now and looking to get more. Also went out to get the old school controller a few months ago, much better than trying to use the wii controller to play.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:44 PM 09-22-2011
Star Fox for SNES?
I might have to revisit Skate or Die and California Games. I loved Skate or Die when I was a kid, but couldn't figure it out when I revisited it last year.

Yeah for SNES, I never advanced my video gaming further than that system:-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 05:54 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Love the feature to buy old school NES games on the wii. I have punch out and smb now and looking to get more. Also went out to get the old school controller a few months ago, much better than trying to use the wii controller to play.
I might have to snag one of those when I get some disposable income :-)
[Reply]
Drez 05:59 PM 09-22-2011
i need to check that out. ive been wanting to play smb 3
[Reply]
Starscream 02:39 PM 09-23-2011
The old school controller is awesome just b/c of the retro look, but if you want a more accurate controller for games such as Punch-Out, I would suggest looking into a GameCube controller that you'll actually have to plug in. The wireless remotes have a very slight delay and can hurt you on games like Punch-Out.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:40 PM 09-23-2011
Just beat Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest 1 during my short semester break. Played it on a NES emulator on my MacBook
I'm not big on rpg games, but Dragon Warrior always intrigued me a bit.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up