Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 22
« First < 5131415 1617 > Last »
Sports>NHL '14 - '15 Season Thread
AdamJoshua 10:52 PM 04-11-2015
Me vs. Rask
nutcracker 06:04 AM 04-12-2015
If the Jets get past the Ducks, they'll actually have a good shot in round 2 - they've given Calgary heck this year for sure.That would be an old fashioned matchup if it happened.

Get past the Ducks..... Hmmmm.... Easier said than done, and California golf courses are getting crowded already.
drjammer 07:10 AM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Nice finish for the Avs... Here's to starting strong next year!
:-)
There is always next year. I am curios to see who stays and who goes in the off season.
nutcracker 07:45 AM 04-12-2015
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ShYxDw-OnnE

What makes you think this town has gone crazy
nutcracker 07:50 AM 04-12-2015
Absolutely crazy

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=589330
E.J. 07:54 AM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No Crawford, Toews, Keith, Richards and Kane for the Hawks. I think they might have been looking ahead to Nashville, E.J. :-)
No so much last night, but finishing 12-7 in March/April. Avs were playing solid hockey towards the end, just buried themselves at the start of the season.

That said, the Avs finished 3-2 overall vs Chicago, winning 3 straight. Like the season, started soft & finished strong....:-)

Learning season for this bunch. Losing EJ during what started as a career season & MacKinnon didn't help. I think the Avs had their most games lost to injury in the history of their franchise. No excuses, that's part of the game. Both EJ and Mac were healthy when they were losing at the start of the season.
icehog3 05:59 PM 04-13-2015
Patrick Kane back for Game 1. Ah, the power of modern orthopedics. :-)
nutcracker 06:06 PM 04-13-2015
Patrick Kane back for Game 1. Ah, the power of modern orthopedics. :-)
Only way to heal is with cold steel.....
357 11:16 AM 04-14-2015
Matchups set......lots of good stuff.

Yzerman Vs. the Red Wings. This time it's personal.

Vancouver Vs. Calgary for Western Canada supremecy.

Monteal Vs. Ottawa for Central Canada supremecy.

Blues Vs. Wild for the Wild to shove it up the Blews asses. :-)

Kings Vs Sharks......on the California golf courses. :-)
It was a sad day when Stevie Y took the GM job in Tampa but, I knew we couldn't keep him and Ken Holland forever. I heard TB is refusing to sell tickets to Wings fans. Sad that they have to resort to such tactics to prevent the building from being red and white during home playoff games.
E.J. 12:50 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by 357:
I heard TB is refusing to sell tickets to Wings fans. Sad that they have to resort to such tactics to prevent the building from being red and white during home playoff games.
Sad....:-) Seems like solid management to me. Hell, if they could afford to, I wouldn't sell one ticket over the NHL requirement, to opposing fans. Give away what didn't sell to local hockey leagues, to fill the seats.
357 02:41 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Sad....:-) Seems like solid management to me. Hell, if they could afford to, I wouldn't sell one ticket over the NHL requirement, to opposing fans. Give away what didn't sell to local hockey leagues, to fill the seats.
Sad because the team has put a good product on the ice that the local fans seem less than enthusiastic to support, at least support by spending money and showing up.
AdamJoshua 02:47 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by 357:
Sad because the team has put a good product on the ice that the local fans seem less than enthusiastic to support, at least support by spending money and showing up.
That's Tampa in general, the Rays get into the MLB playoffs and they can't even get close to a sellout. Just how it is.
E.J. 03:27 PM 04-14-2015
I had not read that they were having a tough time selling playoff tickets, just your report that they don't want to sell to Red Wing fans.

Again, I think it's smart to try to fill the building with your own fans, perfectly reasonable.
E.J. 03:30 PM 04-14-2015
Looks like TB was 8th in attendance and had no problem selling tickets in reg. season. So not selling to out of state buyers seems like a solid decision all around. Not sad at all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselaw...ayoff-tickets/
icehog3 06:43 PM 04-14-2015
Nashville does the same thing during the regular season to the Hawks, yet there building is filled with more Hawks fans every game. :-)
AdamJoshua 09:01 AM 04-15-2015
Bruins' GM Peter Chiarelli got the cyanide pill today. He has really been piss poor the last couple of seasons, giving up on Tyler S and trading him away for 2 1/2 bags of pucks was a killer, that and signing Rask to a long term deal at around 7 million a year, the guy has choked in every high pressure situation he has ever been in and doesn't look to be turning it around any time soon.

The real problem is the cap space, Jerome I. wanted to stay but no cap room, Jagr would have had a good impact on this team, but no cap room, seems he signed the players he shouldn't have for more money than he should have and let the important pieces walk or traded them away.

There is hope that he will be crying too much that his vision will be blurred when he's leaving the parking structure and run over Rask … a boy can dream can't he?
AdamJoshua 09:24 AM 04-15-2015
btw I predict Don Sweeney takes over as the GM
yourchoice 10:06 AM 04-15-2015
Figured this was better here than in the playoff pool thread.

Round 1 predictions:

NYR in 6
Washington in 5
Montreal in 7
Tampa in 6

Minnesota in 7
Chicago in 6
Winnipeg in 7
Calgary in 7

I'm stoked for thing to get rolling!
Bruins Fan 11:31 AM 04-15-2015
I wanted Peter Chiarellis head on a stick for 4 years :-)
nutcracker 12:11 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Figured this was better here than in the playoff pool thread.

Round 1 predictions:

NYR in 6
Washington in 5
Montreal in 7
Tampa in 6

Minnesota in 7
Chicago in 6
Winnipeg in 7
Calgary in 7

I'm stoked for thing to get rolling!
Here are mine:

East:

MTL in 6
Tampa in 7
Rangers in 6
Washington in 7

West:

Mini in 6
Chicago in 7 (this will be tighter than we think)
Winnipeg in 6
Calgary in 7
Page 15 of 22
« First < 5131415 1617 > Last »
Up