Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Calling CA's Low & Slow Experts
mosesbotbol 12:28 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
I really only do two at a time. I could do two rack stands of 4 each, but that's extremely uncommon for me.
4 ribs will have to be really trimmed down to fit on each rack, which I don't mind as the rib meat can be used for something else. The rack will fold on each other or not get as even a coat. The other alternative is more grates than the two provided.
[Reply]
Steve 12:32 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Convince the spouse that you need a bigger smoker! :-)
That was my strategy...:-)

[Reply]
massphatness 12:34 PM 05-12-2011
You guys convinced me on the Weber Smokey Mountain. I went with the 22.5-inch size.

Sears had it on "sale" for $315- but because they provide it through a 3rd-party vendor, they did not offer any kind of ship-to-store option. Shipping added an additional $125-!!!

However, because of what I learned in this thread, I marched over to Lowes and asked them to price match, and THEY DID! I got if for the Sears price of $315- instead of the Lowes price of $399- plus Lowes has a free ship-to-store option. :-) (Lowes would not do the price match + 10% because the smoker is considered a special order item since they don't stock it in the store, but I'm not going to quibble -- I feel like a saved a Benjamin+.)

Thanks for everyone's input here!
[Reply]
Steve 12:36 PM 05-12-2011
Great choice Vin! You are gonna love it.
[Reply]
fxpose 12:37 PM 05-12-2011
Congrats!!
[Reply]
nofeardiver 12:58 PM 05-12-2011
Very nice choice, let us know how you like it, been looking at getting one as an extra smoker to run along side my egg when doing big smokes...
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:03 PM 05-12-2011
Congrats Vin :-)

When can I come over for dinner? :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 02:31 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Congrats Vin :-)

When can I come over for dinner? :-)
Open invite, Dom -- you're welcome any time, brother.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:10 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
You guys convinced me on the Weber Smokey Mountain. I went with the 22.5-inch size...
Congratulations Vin! We expect to see you in the "What's in you smoker" thread soon:-)

[Reply]
forgop 03:33 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Rib Racks...

May work for baby backs, but I doubt those will work for spare ribs.
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:44 PM 05-12-2011
Nice Vin!....Nothing better than a smoke while you...uh...smoke!! :-)....Enjoy, the fun is in the "practice" :-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:23 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
May work for baby backs, but I doubt those will work for spare ribs.
I was actually being a little sarcastic/tongue in check. I will say though, that I have used them on trimmed spares. Not the best, but it can be done.

I'll have to look around and see if I can find pictures of the racks I had made for a smoker I got rid of.
[Reply]
forgop 05:26 PM 05-12-2011
I was actually being a little sarcastic/tounque in check. I will say though, that I have used them on trimmed spares. Not the best, but it can be done.

I'll have to look around and see if I can find pictures of the racks I had made for a smoker I got rid of.
I think it would be great for baby backs. On my last smoke, I did 3 baby backs and 3 spares at the same time. I rolled up the baby backs and used a toothpick to hold them in place. I think my preference would be to get a rack like you pictured though in the future. If there was one built wide enough apart for spares, that would be awesome.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:10 AM 05-13-2011
Great choice Vin. That is a cooking machine!!
[Reply]
wayner123 06:59 AM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I think it would be great for baby backs. On my last smoke, I did 3 baby backs and 3 spares at the same time. I rolled up the baby backs and used a toothpick to hold them in place. I think my preference would be to get a rack like you pictured though in the future. If there was one built wide enough apart for spares, that would be awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichle..._ob_ol_title_1

There are a couple more on amazon. I am sure someone out there has rigged them one as well.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:08 AM 05-13-2011
Great choice Vin! You are gonna love it.
Good move and choice. This smoker is so easy to use. Stock up on quality charcoal and wood chunks. I bought half a pallet and have been working through that, but I use the smoker more often than most around our parts.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up