Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 124 of 225
« First < 2474114122123124 125126134174224 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
chippewastud79 08:51 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Cairo sucks. How many errors can he get in a game :-)
As many as Votto and Phillips and Bruce: One. :-)

How many times can Stubbs strikeout in one game? Half as many times as runners he leaves on. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:52 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Huh....trade Gomes and call up Alonso. Looks like we are gonna stick him in the OF for now.
Until we trade him:-)
I think Alonso's being showcased right before the deadline with this call up.

Either way, it's good to see Gomes gone.:-)

I also chalk up tonight's loss to emotional problems due to the Gomes trade. He was liked by most of the clubhouse and they got little notice to say goodbye. He was actually in written in on today's lineup before the trade announcement.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:54 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
As many as Votto and Phillips and Bruce: One. :-)

How many times can Stubbs strikeout in one game? Half as many times as runners he leaves on. :-)
Cueto leaves and the Mets have 6 on the board? Yet he has no earned runs.:-) Heck of a defensive job by all tonight.

Seriously, I blame this one on the emotional baggage that came with the short notice of the Gomes trade.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:07 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Cueto leaves and the Mets have 6 on the board? Yet he has no earned runs.:-) Heck of a defensive job by all tonight.

Seriously, I blame this one on the emotional baggage that came with the short notice of the Gomes trade.
They could have had 5 errors tonight. Blaming it on Gomes departure is a bit of a cop out, frankly the Mets are just playing better baseball. The Reds are playing below the level of their competition once again and are going to be lucky to salvage one out of four. :-)

8-13 in their last 21 and they are still only 4.5 games back. Its a good thing this division sucks and they are still in it, they would be 15.5 out in the East and 10 out in the West. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:09 PM 07-26-2011
...frankly the Mets are just playing better baseball...:-)
I disagree. The Mets had a ton of bloop singles and just lucky hits. They were also helped out by a lot of errors. I mean, Cueto only had 1 earned run.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:16 PM 07-26-2011
I disagree. The Mets had a ton of bloop singles and just lucky hits. They were also helped out by a lot of errors. I mean, Cueto only had 1 earned run.
They still had 12 hits and had they not left 10 on base that game could have been a blow out. Not sure which game you saw, but despite the errors helping them the Mets looked like the better team. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:25 PM 07-26-2011
Unless they changed it after the game, Cueto had no earned runs. We gave up a ton of runs on errors.

Yes, Adam, we are an error prone team this year, but the high number tonight I will chalk up to emotional baggage. Mets didn't outplay us offensively, it was our errors that did us in tonight. It wasn't the usual bases loaded and leave 'em all stranded routine that this team likes to play.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:41 PM 07-26-2011
Unless they changed it after the game, Cueto had no earned runs. We gave up a ton of runs on errors.

Yes, Adam, we are an error prone team this year, but the high number tonight I will chalk up to emotional baggage. Mets didn't outplay us offensively, it was our errors that did us in tonight. It wasn't the usual bases loaded and leave 'em all stranded routine that this team likes to play.
The Mets had the same number of hits and more base runners. The Reds couldn't string anything together and had only two strong hits themselves, whether helped by errors or not. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:51 PM 07-26-2011
The Mets had the same number of hits and more base runners. The Reds couldn't string anything together and had only two strong hits themselves, whether helped by errors or not. :-)
Because of our poor fielding percentage. If we played error free baseball, we would have outscored them in my opinion.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:55 PM 07-26-2011
Because of our poor fielding percentage. If we played error free baseball, we would have outscored them in my opinion.
The Mets are going to put the ball in play. Heck they have a top five average, you have to get outs. The best player in the NL only has one hit and they are still 2-0 in the series. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:34 PM 07-26-2011
The Mets are going to put the ball in play. Heck they have a top five average, you have to get outs. The best player in the NL only has one hit and they are still 2-0 in the series. :-)
Getting outs is the key. Cueto looked like he was about to go Kung-Fu on some people in the dugout after he was pulled.:-) Despite his AWESOME ERA, this team refuses to back him offensively and get him a win.
[Reply]
smitdavi 05:28 AM 07-27-2011
Until we trade him:-)
I think Alonso's being showcased right before the deadline with this call up.

Either way, it's good to see Gomes gone.:-)

I also chalk up tonight's loss to emotional problems due to the Gomes trade. He was liked by most of the clubhouse and they got little notice to say goodbye. He was actually in written in on today's lineup before the trade announcement.
IDK....4 days before the trade deadline is kind of late to showcase someone. If they wanted to do that they should have called him up weeks ago. I would be surprised if they moved him now.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:25 PM 07-27-2011
I know most of you aren't Pirates fans, but they got straight up hosed last night. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:29 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
IDK....4 days before the trade deadline is kind of late to showcase someone. If they wanted to do that they should have called him up weeks ago. I would be surprised if they moved him now.
Teams have scouts in the minors. True, he should have been brought up earlier if they wanted to showcase him in the bigs, but most scouting reports say he's a big liability in LF. I think he's up here on such short notice to hide that a bit and to showcase his hitting ability only. He's a slow guy, but he can hit. He should be playing at first, but Votto has him blocked.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:31 PM 07-27-2011
I know most of you aren't Pirates fans, but they got straight up hosed last night. :-)
Although technically we're not out of it yet, it's pretty much a given. Once we're mathematically eliminated, I want the Pirates to take it. Pittsburgh fans deserve a win after all the crap they've been through for 20 years.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:52 PM 07-27-2011
I follow the Pirates cuz their aaa affiliate is the Indianapolis Indians
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:22 PM 07-27-2011
"I hope that Drew Stubbs is watching Reyes to learn how to be a good leadoff hitter. Stubbs can't do many of the things that Reyes does but he could learn them.....Reyes is a real leadoff hitter that Stubbs is not." :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:22 PM 07-27-2011
This team just straight up sucks.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:32 PM 07-27-2011
My Mets are giving it to the Reds again this evening. And Pelfrey sucks!! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:42 PM 07-27-2011
That was a nice sliding catch by Yonder :-)
[Reply]
Page 124 of 225
« First < 2474114122123124 125126134174224 > Last »
Up