Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Universal Remote Controls - Suggestions Needed
barbourjay 09:25 AM 01-19-2009
I've got the harmony 1000. Never really had any issues out of it. The battery life is short but you just slap it on the charger every couple of days and you are good to go. much better than the 4 remotes i had to have before.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 09:28 AM 01-19-2009
I have two Harmony 880 remotes. They are great.:-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:46 AM 01-19-2009
I too have the Harmony 1000 (link). I've had it for about a year now. Overall, I love the thing. Very easy to use and easy to set up.

Two and a half drawbacks that you might want to make sure the model number you linked doesn't have:
1. Every once in a while the thing "freezes" on me. Tried to fix it through the website but to no avail. You have to remove the battery to reset it. Shuts everything down making you need to start over. This can be particularly annoying to me because I need to let the projector lamp cool before I can turn it back on.
2. Occasionally the remote continues to send the last command. For example (and this is the example that always happens), I turn up the volume and the thing continues to turn it up (without touching a button) until it's maxed out or I touch another command. VERY annoying at 10:00 PM when the 2 and 6 year old are sleeping...especially with the surround sound in effect.
1/2. There's a very slight delay from the time you push the button until the command is received. It's probably less than a second, but you have to get used to it being slightly delayed.

Overall I like my remote very much, I just wish #'s 1 and 2 above didn't happen.
[Reply]
AD720 09:53 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I too have the Harmony 1000 (link). I've had it for about a year now. Overall, I love the thing. Very easy to use and easy to set up.

Two and a half drawbacks that you might want to make sure the model number you linked doesn't have:
1. Every once in a while the thing "freezes" on me. Tried to fix it through the website but to no avail. You have to remove the battery to reset it. Shuts everything down making you need to start over. This can be particularly annoying to me because I need to let the projector lamp cool before I can turn it back on.
2. Occasionally the remote continues to send the last command. For example (and this is the example that always happens), I turn up the volume and the thing continues to turn it up (without touching a button) until it's maxed out or I touch another command. VERY annoying at 10:00 PM when the 2 and 6 year old are sleeping...especially with the surround sound in effect.
1/2. There's a very slight delay from the time you push the button until the command is received. It's probably less than a second, but you have to get used to it being slightly delayed.

Overall I like my remote very much, I just wish #'s 1 and 2 above didn't happen.
Joel -

1 - No help with stopping it from freezing but if I am watching TV (In the watch TV activity) and I sit on the remote or something and switch it to watch DVD and nothing changes, but the remote is in the wrong state, I just hit "Watch TV" again and point the remote into the couch. That gets the remote back to the right state without power cycling my gear. This won't help if yours is RF though.

2 (and probably 3) - Have you tried adjusting the button delay in the setup?

Ha, I feel like Logitech support here. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up