Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Bye Bye Circuit City
Beagleone 09:07 AM 01-16-2009
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28691963/
[Reply]
rack04 09:11 AM 01-16-2009
That is very sad news. Expected that 35,000 people will be losing jobs.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:27 AM 01-16-2009
I feel sorry for the employees.
Our local was in the first batch of closures and put everything on the "up to 70 percent off" sale. I went and looked at a new monitor and the one I was interested in was only 35% off. The problem was that it was still $50 more than the regular price at Best Buy.

There are two Hudson's stores withing 40 miles of me though and all the Circuit City products will probably go on sale starting at 40% off the lowest marked price for the higher priced items. The rest of the stuff will probably start at 50 - 60% off. That's going to make for some good buys.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:55 AM 01-16-2009
This is very sad for all of the employees.

I checked out a liquidation sale at a store in SoCal during the first round of closures and there were a couple of decent deals, but nothing that crazy where I rushed to grab something. I saw something on the news last month that covered the Circuit City and Linens’n’Things liquidations. The report said that these sales are carried out by liquidation companies and a lot of the time the prices are marked up and then discounted. There were a lot of cases where the higher (priced) tag was placed on top of the lower priced one. The keys to these things is to do your homework before you go.
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:32 PM 01-16-2009
Just got this message from my friend, we both worked there years ago. Kinda funny cause I could even see this coming sometime ago from what was going on from the inside. There was a lot of bad moves in my mind.

I still know some people that work for CC in the Madison area, I do feel sorry for them.
[Reply]
Up