Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies in fiery Pa. crash
Genetic Defect 11:23 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looks like it was. :-)
:-) people should know there limits get someone else to drive you home. :-)

RIP
[Reply]
icehog3 11:26 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
:-) people should know there limits get someone else to drive you home. :-)

RIP
Agreed....a waste of a funny human being.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:39 PM 06-20-2011
http://youtu.be/wRxRiWEMIJY

Ryan Dunn - Shopping Cart

NSFW - Language
[Reply]
NeuRon 03:06 AM 06-21-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
Anonymous experts have confirmed it. :-)

LOLOL... So it MUST be legit :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:31 AM 06-21-2011
Sad to hear. He was my favorite of the CKY crew.

Rest in peace, brother.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:41 PM 06-22-2011
Sad to hear I always liked watching Jackass when it came out.

Seems they are saying he was driving at ~.20 BAC(.196 or some $hit) at 132-140 MPH. I just wonder if their tests account for the fact that he was probably drunker than that at the time of entering the car.

My question is why would the bar serve him 2.5+ times the legal limit.....Someone there needs to lose their job and is partially responsible for what happened. Sure you are ultimately responsible for yourself but would you serve someone that just turned 21 drinks until they black out? I wouldn't, could kill them. Same applies to anyone.

He probably had like 10-14 drinks.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:55 PM 06-22-2011
I hold no one accountable except Dunn himself.

Was the passenger 21, Bill, 'cause Dunn was 34.
[Reply]
pektel 02:57 PM 06-22-2011
Agreed. Everyone is entirely accountable for their actions.
[Reply]
kickerb 03:12 PM 06-22-2011

Don't blame a bartender who is just doing their job. You have to be an adult to drink (legally), which means you are of age to make responsible choices. Dunn was not being responsible. But hey, who is surprised by that? I mean given his recent career with Jackas.
[Reply]
GodOfFire 03:16 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Agreed. Everyone is entirely accountable for their actions.
Agree
[Reply]
El Fumador 04:01 PM 06-22-2011
I agree also, bartender is making a living.... he could have a DD with him.
[Reply]
loki 04:11 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:

Seems they are saying he was driving at ~.20 BAC(.196 or some $hit) at 132-140 MPH. I just wonder if their tests account for the fact that he was probably drunker than that at the time of entering the car.

My question is why would the bar serve him 2.5+ times the legal limit.....Someone there needs to lose their job and is partially responsible for what happened. Sure you are ultimately responsible for yourself but would you serve someone that just turned 21 drinks until they black out? I wouldn't, could kill them. Same applies to anyone.

i've had way more than 10-14 drinks in a night before...and you know what, I wasn't dumb enough to get behind the wheel of a smart car, let alone a gt3rs.
[Reply]
Whee 04:23 PM 06-22-2011
Most recent update

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...Top+Stories%29
[Reply]
MedicCook 05:19 PM 06-22-2011
I don't think I would be able to find my car let alone drive it at that level.
[Reply]
forgop 05:21 PM 06-22-2011
"He didn't seem to be intoxicated at the time he left," O'Brien said. "Ryan was not a hardcore drinker, at least not when he was here."

The "he only had a couple of beers" line of BS from the bar. He's gonna get sued-write it down.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:38 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:

Don't blame a bartender who is just doing their job. You have to be an adult to drink (legally), which means you are of age to make responsible choices. Dunn was not being responsible. But hey, who is surprised by that? I mean given his recent career with Jackas.
So you are saying it's a bartenders job to serve someone as much alcohol as they want? To what, the point of death?

Then you would also being saying they (the bartender) hold no responsibility for patrons getting in a car and killing someone?

This is almost comical. However I will address facts rather than opinions. So far everyone has voiced their opinion, which is fine but here's how it really works.

You are responsible, as a holder of a state issued ABC card, for everyone you serve period. This isn't a morality issue or an argument it is fact, if you believe this is not the case then it's your right never to get the card and never legally work selling alcohol. Simple as that. They tell you when you get it.....everyone you serve is your responsibility from the moment they walk into the establishment you work at till the moment they arrive safely, or not, to where ever they are going. They warn you ahead of time your ass can be sued for overserving or serving underaged....I've seen it happen.

Now I have nothing invested in arguing on his behalf, as he is guilty and life choose to punish him for his actions. Fine. But if you think that bartender was in the right, you're out of your mind.

Originally Posted by loki:
i've had way more than 10-14 drinks in a night before...and you know what, I wasn't dumb enough to get behind the wheel of a smart car, let alone a gt3rs.
So have I. I've had more than 14 drinks before walking into a bar to start the night and like you I had a DD.

This is my last post in this thread, I'm not looking to argue or ruin this thread.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:08 PM 06-22-2011
So you are saying it's a bartenders job to serve someone as much alcohol as they want? To what, the point of death?

Then you would also being saying they (the bartender) hold no responsibility for patrons getting in a car and killing someone?

This is almost comical. However I will address facts rather than opinions. So far everyone has voiced their opinion, which is fine but here's how it really works.

You are responsible, as a holder of a state issued ABC card, for everyone you serve period. This isn't a morality issue or an argument it is fact, if you believe this is not the case then it's your right never to get the card and never legally work selling alcohol. Simple as that. They tell you when you get it.....everyone you serve is your responsibility from the moment they walk into the establishment you work at till the moment they arrive safely, or not, to where ever they are going. They warn you ahead of time your ass can be sued for overserving or serving underaged....I've seen it happen.

Now I have nothing invested in arguing on his behalf, as he is guilty and life choose to punish him for his actions. Fine. But if you think that bartender was in the right, you're out of your mind.

So have I. I've had more than 14 drinks before walking into a bar to start the night and like you I had a DD.

This is my last post in this thread, I'm not looking to argue or ruin this thread.
Bill, you are a good guy and I don't want to argue either....but just because something is (civil) law doesn't make it "right".

If I walk into a bar and decide to have 18 drinks, then get in my car and drive away, the bartender is at fault? I am s cop, and I call bullshit on that law....and I always have. Obvious exception is if the drinker is underage, but besides that, the drinker should have grown the **** up. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:17 PM 06-22-2011
I think the distillery or brewery are at fault. What about buying from a liquor store and doing this, the liquor store is at fault. Not the individual who consumed it.

[Reply]
pnoon 11:21 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I think the distillery or brewery are at fault. What about buying from a liquor store and doing this, the liquor store is at fault. Not the individual who consumed it.
What about the farmer who grew the grain? Blame everyone. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:36 PM 06-22-2011
:-) I overlooked that one
Originally Posted by pnoon:
What about the farmer who grew the grain? Blame everyone. :-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up