Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Sometimes it pays to rummage through your collection.
Chainsaw13 08:06 PM 07-25-2011
So there I am last night, going through the cabinet to find sticks to send out for a NST. Basically playing a bit of tetris. It's amazing what you find, like full boxes I had completely forgotten about. Sealed box of Anejo's, Tat Face, Fuente Opus Holiday sampler, ERDM Rectangular Maduro's and a box of El Trunifador OR Lancero with just one gone (smoked ROTT). Most of this stuff was down towards the bottom. I guess I've just been too lazy to bend down and look around when I"m getting a cigar. I think tomorrow I'm going to rotate my stock and let some of my regular rotation take a breather and break into these new found gems.
[Reply]
jsnake 08:11 PM 07-25-2011
You need to rummage around every few months. I found some gems I totally forgot about in the bottom of one of my humidors.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:17 PM 07-25-2011
I've found some stuff in my humis I had forgot about. I've also lost some stuff I've looked for. I'm still trying to figure out where the one 5 Vegas Cask Aged I own is. For some reason I've been dying to try it. I mostly find little treasures when I open up a small cigar caddy.
[Reply]
Kneo 08:25 PM 07-25-2011
Nice! Great job bro
[Reply]
shilala 09:03 PM 07-25-2011
I have one of those great big white igloo coolers like you use on a fishing boat, and it's slap full up. I have no idea what's in 75% of it. It's gonna be like Christmas when I dump it out. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:23 PM 07-25-2011
Threads like this make me wanna dump the spreadsheet, but my OCD won't allow it... :-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:30 PM 07-25-2011
I hear you. It's fun to take a gander in the humidor to find treasures that you have forgotten about..
[Reply]
chand 04:18 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Threads like this make me wanna dump the spreadsheet, but my OCD won't allow it... :-)
Exactly. I won't ever find something I forgot about because its all cataloged. I don't know whether to be happy or sad?
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:44 AM 07-26-2011
I must have OCD as well...as I know exactly what's in all three of my vinos and my two desktops. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 05:48 AM 07-26-2011
maybe in a few years ill have enough cigars to foget about. so far i can still keep a decent mental note of all boxes and the count(cuz most are full).

nice finds though!
[Reply]
Wanger 06:19 AM 07-26-2011
I wish I had enough cigars to forget some of the things I have in there. Never had a big enough stash to not know whats there (no spreadsheet needed). LOL
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:40 AM 07-26-2011
I've had that happen to me a few times before... :-)

Smoke away!!! :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 01:23 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
I wish I had enough cigars to forget some of the things I have in there. Never had a big enough stash to not know whats there (no spreadsheet needed). LOL
:-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 01:29 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I have one of those great big white igloo coolers like you use on a fishing boat, and it's slap full up. I have no idea what's in 75% of it. It's could be like Christmas if I ever dump it out. :-)
fixed it:-)
[Reply]
markem 01:30 PM 07-27-2011
Discovered an old SIG V with the pre-2004 band. Pretty sure that this is from around 98. Put it in the zero to smoke at the event tonight.

Rooting in the singles drawer paid off thanks to this thread prompting me to dig!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:38 PM 07-27-2011
I look forward to the day I start finding things.
I think I need a bigger humidor before that starts happening.

I am going to stop keeping a list of my inventory now, it isn't worth it and I always seem to forget to remove the stuff I smoke off my list.
[Reply]
hscmit 02:42 PM 07-27-2011
it is amazing what is lingering on the bottom of some collections
[Reply]
maninblack 03:39 PM 07-27-2011
I love days like that. It happens quite often in my case cause my memory sucks.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:49 AM 07-28-2011
Sounds like fun.
This doesn't happen to me. I don't save the rare and special sticks long enough to forget them and my desktop has samples from every box so anything I forget about is pretty ordinary. If I got another cooler I might start to loose track because I wouldn't tetris as much. Sometimes I combine almost empty boxes into one to make more room but I look in them to remind me what's there.
[Reply]
Up