Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Bellingham, Washington
gettysburgfreak 07:11 PM 07-09-2010
Going to be finishing up my 9 month stint on the southern border in a few months and will be moving up to Washington State. For those of you who live in the area I have a few questions and any info would be great.

I am 24 years old, single and would like to live in a pretty populated place with things to do and places to meet women :-).

I have looked on a map and from Bellingham to Sumas its approx 26 miles but some people have told me its an hour or so drive. Can anyone confirm this?

-Has anyone ever been to Lynden? Is it nice? Things to do? I have considered this area to live in but am not so sure.
-Does anyone know of any nice apartment complexes in the Bellingham area?

I am hoping to get a head start on the whole process and since I will have to pick a place sight un seen any help would be great. Thanks.
[Reply]
markem 07:19 PM 07-09-2010
papajohn67 may know that area

I have a good friend who is the systems administrator for the Port of Bellingham. I've always liked that area, mostly because it has stellar motorcycle roads.

I've been through Lynden enroute to the border crossing at Sumas (way better than the I-5 crossing). If you are way into pastures and cows, then I think you will be happy. Otherwise, not so much. Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:27 PM 07-09-2010
Unfortunately Sumas is where I am going to be working :-)

Originally Posted by markem:
papajohn67 may know that area

I have a good friend who is the systems administrator for the Port of Bellingham. I've always liked that area, mostly because it has stellar motorcycle roads.

I've been through Lynden enroute to the border crossing at Sumas (way better than the I-5 crossing). If you are way into pastures and cows, then I think you will be happy. Otherwise, not so much. Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.

[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:53 PM 07-11-2010
nobody is from that area?
[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:16 PM 07-11-2010
My little bro lives in Bellingham and loves it. I haven't visited yet so I can't really offer anything other than that. He says the music scene is good (he is a musician), and you have easy access to outdoor recreation. Wish I could tell you more. Good luck with the move
[Reply]
icehog3 07:17 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
Bellingham, with the college is the closest thing to an "urban center" in that area on the US side.
College chicks! What more could one ask for?! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:22 PM 07-11-2010
And only 50 miles to vancouver! :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:47 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
And only 50 miles to vancouver! :-)

The college scene I hear is a good time, hopefully people are right. Unfortunately working for the govt has put a damper on my habanos consumption but it will be nice to visit some nice shops up in Vancouver.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:51 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
The college scene I hear is a good time, hopefully people are right. Unfortunately working for the govt has put a damper on my habanos consumption but it will be nice to visit some nice shops up in Vancouver.
Bring lots of cash.
[Reply]
Up