Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Davidoff customer service SUCK!!!!
Don Fernando 11:53 AM 11-08-2009
A few weeks ago Volt bombed me a very nice (and expensive) Avo punch

2 days after I got it, my dad comes over, decides to take a closer look at it. He didn't know it was a twist mechanism and pulls on the puncher. He didn't even pull hard, but the plastic in the mechanism breaks.

I asked Michael (Volt) to get in touch with the dealer to see if there was warrenty, and the answer from Davidoff was no. They even had the nerve to ask if he needed to know the nearest Davidoff dealer. What were they thinking? That I'm gonna spend money on a company with such a crap customerservice?

**** Davidoff & Avo. I have some Avo cigars in my collection, they will be bombing material, I refuse to smoke them anymore.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:59 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
A few weeks ago Volt bombed me a very nice (and expensive) Avo punch

2 days after I got it, my dad comes over, decides to take a closer look at it. He didn't know it was a twist mechanism and pulls on the puncher. He didn't even pull hard, but the plastic in the mechanism breaks.

I asked Michael (Volt) to get in touch with the dealer to see if there was warrenty, and the answer from Davidoff was no. They even had the nerve to ask if he needed to know the nearest Davidoff dealer. What were they thinking? That I'm gonna spend money on a company with such a crap customerservice?

**** Davidoff & Avo. I have some Avo cigars in my collection, they will be bombing material, I refuse to smoke them anymore.
Sorry For The Service Issue, Ferdie; I Always Thought Davidoff Was A Class Act.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:00 PM 11-08-2009
Sorry to hear Ferdie!! :-) And they make such fine sticks.
[Reply]
Santesyu 04:35 PM 11-08-2009
oh noes :-) that sucks.. ;3
[Reply]
RightAJ 04:39 PM 11-08-2009
Grr!! I hate bad customer service.

On the flip side, I have had fantastic experiences with Oliva, Xikar and Zippo. Customer service is almost as important to me as the actual product.

Sorry about that Don..

aj
[Reply]
Kreth 04:56 PM 11-08-2009
What exactly did they say? That there's no warranty, or that it couldn't have been broken that way through "normal use?" Not that it matters, either is poor CS.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volt 05:20 PM 11-08-2009
The return email to me is below. This punch really does operate like no other. Easy to break if your not aware of it's properties. Some sort of twist action vrs a pull to open it up. While maybe by the book, they aren't obligated to repair/replace it, they should take a note on customer service from Palio and Xikar. Palio punch maybe?

I would tell you this punch for as great as it looks, as sharp as it is, isn't worth your money as there is no warranty even it was to break through no fault of your own. Top of the line name brand operating like a budget line IMO. I mean how much can they possibly cost from China, $2.00?

Dear Mr. Melton,

This is in reference to your e-mail dated November 2, 2009 regarding an Avo cutter. This particular cutter is not a warranted product and can not be repaired. You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.

If I can be of any further assistance you can contact me directly at 800-232-8436 ext. #414 or e-mail

XXXXX@davidoffusa.com

Regards

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Client Services Manager
[Reply]
Kreth 05:34 PM 11-08-2009
That's ridiculous. I enjoyed the one Avo cigar I tried. Shame it will be the last.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volt 05:46 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by RightAJ:
Grr!! I hate bad customer service.

On the flip side, I have had fantastic experiences with Oliva, Xikar and Zippo. Customer service is almost as important to me as the actual product.

Sorry about that Don..

aj

Actually customer service is more important. You may get my $$$ once, but great customer service will get me back the second and third time. Even though I have had a few issues with my Palios, the 100% warranty makes up for it. I have bought them as gifts as I know should there ever be an issue, they will be taken care of.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:59 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
This is in reference to your e-mail dated November 2, 2009 regarding an Avo cutter. This particular cutter is not a warranted product and can not be repaired. You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.

If I can be of any further assistance you can contact me directly at 800-232-8436 ext. #414 or e-mail
That is total bull crap right there. You won't find me buying anything from them in the future.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:48 PM 11-08-2009
Terrible Customer Service and as big as they are to thumb their nose at you is beyond ridiculous. Not that I buy this brand but now I have a reason not to buy any,,,ever!
[Reply]
md4958 08:21 PM 11-08-2009
Sorry to hear that Ferdie. It was a beautiful gesture by Michael though :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:04 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:

Dear Mr. Melton,

You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.
What a complete load of chit.
[Reply]
roughrider 12:39 AM 11-09-2009
Shoot them an e-mail back and let them know that other companies like Palio and Xikar stand behind their products with a lifetime no-questions asked guarantee. Let 'em know that you're dissatisfied with their lack of service and poor response and that you'll discourage fellow BOTL from doing business with AVO and Davidoff. Include a link to this thread and maybe it will encourage them to rethink their policies.

Poor customer service & warranty should never be tolerated, especially in this economy.

I bought 1 AVO cigar a few months ago and it will be my last.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:55 AM 11-09-2009
I could understand their point of view if the punch was a few years old, or if it was handled with brutal force, but neither of that is the case. I will email them with a link to this topic, a link to the topic on my blog, links to the 3 Dutch boards and I might even copy the OP to puff to get as much bad publicity for Davidoff as possible.
[Reply]
DPD6030 02:30 AM 11-09-2009
Sorry to hear about the bad customer service. I take pride in a company who warranties and backs their products 100%. :-) for Davidoff and you have no worries as I never bought a stick of theirs and NEVER plan to based upon the lack of customer service.

I've had issues with my xikar punch and they replaced it with a brand new one no questions asked. Palio covers it 100% as well. Davidoff might learn soemthing from these other more reputable companies :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:47 AM 11-09-2009
That's sad is this will be all over the forums as it should. There are many ways they could've handled it.

Suprised they licensed such a low quality piece.

If indeed there was no warranty and they don't want to stand behind it, they could've at least sent you a couple cigars for your disappoinment.
[Reply]
kydsid 09:04 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That's sad is this will be all over the forums as it should. There are many ways they could've handled it.

Suprised they licensed such a low quality piece.

If indeed there was no warranty and they don't want to stand behind it, they could've at least sent you a couple cigars for your disappoinment.
I think that is the crux here. Palio and Xikar are cutter companies. Davidoff is a cigar company. I doubt they are manufacturing this punch. They are just selling/licensing the product with their brand name.

Regardless there should be a repair option/free replacement/free cigars/coupon for a discount. Anything other than you are SOL and would you like to buy another.
[Reply]
pmwz 09:18 AM 11-09-2009
the email by the client service manager is almost rude. he basicly says we dont believe in our products but if you do shove another bill up our ass.
never had a davidoff or davo. dont like their high end image and pricing.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:50 AM 11-09-2009
You could post the actual email here and we could flood Davidoff CS with emails regarding their lack of service and inferior product. This may prompt some action on their part. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up