Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 161 of 199
« First < 61111151159160161 162163171 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Porch Dweller 06:45 AM 05-17-2023

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:39 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:

:-)

Got a new wheater from Copper Sky yesterday after a good experience with a Hazmat single barrel from them. This is a bit sweet, good but not as good as the Maker's Mark wood finished batches or Weller Full Proof.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:15 PM 05-17-2023
Well, right place, right time kinda thing. Stopped by Total Wine on my way home from a day in the woods. They were putting out the BT stuff they just received in. Got an EH Taylor Small Batch, another Eagle Rare and a Weller Special Reserve. Guess I just missed out on the Weller 107. Feel like I stole them paying msrp.

Happened to be talking with another customer about Bookers. He said he saw the guy with a bottle of the 107. So we walked up front where they were putting more stuff out. The 107s were all gone. The EHT they had only six of. 4 went in the first two minutes.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:38 PM 05-17-2023
Any day you get ER and EHT at retail is a good day, Bob. :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:47 AM 05-18-2023
I managed to do a hat trick and grab three bottles of EHT SmB at retail yesterday. I also got another bottle of Booker's Charlie's Batch, also at retail.

Not sure why, but the local Spec's stores were dropping EHT SmB in large quantities over the last couple of days. Usually, they get one or two case every other month or two. Most stores were getting 5 cases or more. Some had as many as 15 cases. All allocated, meaning one bottle person per day per store. Luckily there are three near me. Other BT products were also present, but not in the numbers of EHT.

I really need to do an inventory soon of everything I have. I think with this haul I have 5 cases of various EHT bottles.
[Reply]
stearns 11:02 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
I managed to do a hat trick and grab three bottles of EHT SmB at retail yesterday. I also got another bottle of Booker's Charlie's Batch, also at retail.

Not sure why, but the local Spec's stores were dropping EHT SmB in large quantities over the last couple of days. Usually, they get one or two case every other month or two. Most stores were getting 5 cases or more. Some had as many as 15 cases. All allocated, meaning one bottle person per day per store. Luckily there are three near me. Other BT products were also present, but not in the numbers of EHT.

I really need to do an inventory soon of everything I have. I think with this haul I have 5 cases of various EHT bottles.
A friend of mine in TX lucked into a couple cases of this guy, according to some turkey-chasing friends there are only 3 or 4 picks out of this warehouse in existence right now so I grabbed one, I forget the whole story but I think it was allocated to Specs but they never claimed it so the distributor sold them off. That happened recently with a Russell's pick locally, ended up on the shelves of Total Wine because the distributor didn't give a sh*t and just sold it to whoever wanted it once it came in despite what the label says

Image isn't loading, but it's a Specs Russell's Reserve pick from warehouse E
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:41 AM 05-18-2023
Is Szazerac Rye worth picking up?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:50 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Beagleone:

That’s awesome! The Total Wine I hit up only had the one case of EHT. They had already put out the few cases of BT and what little Weller they’d gotten. When I walked up, the guy walked up with the cart holding the EHT and ER (iirc they had a few cases of that). Too bad the place is 30 miles away.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:27 AM 05-19-2023
Cracked open the EHT yesterday. Man that’s good stuff.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:39 PM 05-20-2023
Ok, decided to do some more hunting today. Hit up another total wine. There was a rep from Iron Fish, the owners son. Tried a sample of a couple cask finished bourbons, maple syrup and 4 cask (a blend of all 4 they have). Both were good. Ended up getting a single barrel maple syrup finished. 114 proof I think. Gonna try it in an old fashioned soon.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:27 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Is Szazerac Rye worth picking up?
Are you a rye fan, Bob? I can take it or leave it most of the time. Sazerac is always available here.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:18 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Are you a rye fan, Bob? I can take it or leave it most of the time. Sazerac is always available here.
I don’t honestly know. Yesterday, just so happened to stop by the store that had it Wednesday. They were out. I know there’s many rye’s out now that I really don’t need to hunt it. It sells quick around here. Guessing a case of it being from BT, so everyone grabs it while they can.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:45 PM 05-22-2023
I should buy a lottery ticket. Talked to the manager at Total Wine yesterday. The EHT I picked up Wednesday was his allotment so far this year (6 bottles).

Picked up a bottle of Old Elk single barrel (Meijer store pick) and an Iron Fish maple syrup barrel finish cask strength over the weekend. The OE so far is good on the first pour. Getting almost a Reese’ PB Cup on the nose. Lol. The IF is definitely sweet. Would be a good dessert pour.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:18 PM 05-22-2023
I should buy a lottery ticket. Talked to the manager at Total Wine yesterday. The EHT I picked up Wednesday was his allotment so far this year (6 bottles).

Picked up a bottle of Old Elk single barrel (Meijer store pick) and an Iron Fish maple syrup barrel finish cask strength over the weekend. The OE so far is good on the first pour. Getting almost a Reese’ PB Cup on the nose. Lol. The IF is definitely sweet. Would be a good dessert pour.
:-):-):-):-) Like The Time I Found 3 Bottles Of Buffalo Trace At Costco & Costco Prices!:-):-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:24 PM 05-22-2023

I've only had about three bottles of the Old Elk but I've enjoyed each of them.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 07:02 PM 05-23-2023
$80 for Weller SR? Talk about a kick in the nuts. That’s a $27 bottle.

I really need to find a bar with a nice selection to try a few pours before I buy another bottle.
Agreed. Local liquor store just got a fresh shipment too
[Reply]
kingcobradude 07:36 PM 05-23-2023
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1njo...w?usp=drivesdk
Picked this up today. This is some good stuff
[Reply]
longknocker 06:01 AM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1njo...w?usp=drivesdk
Picked this up today. This is some good stuff
Much Better Than The Standard Makers, Clay???
[Reply]
kingcobradude 06:28 AM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Much Better Than The Standard Makers, Clay???
I haven't had standard makers.
[Reply]
stearns 06:33 AM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
I haven't had standard makers.
Go grab a bottle and do a side by side, it will help appreciate the uniqueness of the finish from the pick :-)
[Reply]
Page 161 of 199
« First < 61111151159160161 162163171 > Last »
Up