Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Good Eats>Let's talk bacon!
AdamJoshua 11:34 AM 09-09-2019
Looks like as good a spot as any for discussion, reviews, recipes, favorite cooking methods, etc.,

Need to try this for bacon on sandwiches, burgers or a bacon and egg sandwich in the morning.

[Reply]
markem 11:37 AM 09-09-2019
:-)
[Reply]
markem 11:39 AM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by markem:
:-)
and a friend just sent me this! Talk about good timing.

https://adventuresidecar.com/roast-b...-chanterelles/

Actually, he wrote the article.
[Reply]
Steve 11:54 AM 09-09-2019
Home cured bacon...

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:14 PM 09-09-2019

Oh MY!

I just had a whacky thought, maybe some bacon wrapped asparagus for dinner tonight, might do 3 or 4 stalks with bacon wrapped around them in a bundle... hmmm

Looks amazing, Steve. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 12:20 PM 09-09-2019
I f***ing love bacon :-)

The things I would do for a slice of bacon explosion right now
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:22 PM 09-09-2019

I would think the bacon would overpower the delicate taste of the chanterelle. Unfortunately chant season is over around me, otherwise I'd give this a try. Maybe if the cinnabar chants start popping after the rains this week, I can try with one of those.

And Steve is 100% correct, home cured bacon is the best.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:24 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I would think the bacon would overpower the delicate taste of the chanterelle. Unfortunately chant season is over around me, otherwise I'd give this a try. Maybe if the cinnabar chants start popping after the rains this week, I can try with one of those.

And Steve is 100% correct, home cured bacon is the best.
The chanterelles he used in the pictures were pretty large, I'm assuming that's why.

That's a cool site by the way, Mark, kudos to your friend. :-)
[Reply]
markem 12:36 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
The chanterelles he used in the pictures were pretty large, I'm assuming that's why.

Vernon is a serious mushroom hunter and outdoorsman. I use a lot of his ideas in cast iron cooking.
[Reply]
hudd 12:50 PM 09-09-2019
mmmmm bacon
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:28 PM 09-09-2019

Lack of rain this summer stunted the growth of the chants I found. Only a few larger specimens. But now that I have a few spots to check, I’ll be looking again next year.

Ever try jowl bacon Adam?
[Reply]
massphatness 01:36 PM 09-09-2019
Did you paint your nails? Not that there's anything wrong with it if that's your thing, but robin's egg blue is not your color.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:54 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Did you paint your nails? Not that there's anything wrong with it if that's your thing, but robin's egg blue is not your color.
You've heard of "the stranger" well this adds an entirely new direction to it or twist if you will. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 10:20 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I love you and bacon!!! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:02 PM 09-11-2019
Bacon is great, but I refuse to spend twice as much as for pork chops for something so low on the hog. I blame Tom's undue influence at the CME for this injustice.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:10 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
I love you and bacon!!! :-)
You should be sure to try draining bacon in the egg container :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:42 PM 09-11-2019
Picked up some of the Black Label extra thick cut today, will give it a try in the morning, amazing how expensive bacon is these days, like it "caught on" or something and all of a sudden $12 for a package of bacon is the norm.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:29 PM 09-11-2019
Ok didn't wait till morning to try the Hormel Black Label, must say it's really pretty good, great meat / fat ratio and good thick slices.

[Reply]
Havanaaddict 08:30 PM 09-11-2019
I need to try this:-)

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:37 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
I need to try this:-)

I remember being little and going to breakfast with my dad and i'd always look at the menu for "pigs in a blanket", sausages rolled up in pancakes. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up