Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Alex's Private Blend (Cigar Bundles of Miami)
borndead1 10:51 PM 06-25-2018
I buy from this Miami cigar shop a few times a year and have yet to be disappointed. Their cigars are top notch as is their customer service.

One of the owners of the shop had this cigar made recently. It's a maduro wrapper with Nicaraguan and Honduran filler. Size isn't listed but it looks like a typical torpedo size; I'd guess it at 6 X 50. Nice looking wrapper, nice weight to the cigar, good draw.

First few draws...sweet cocoa and a bit of spice. The aroma coming from the foot is a typical 'cigar' smell.

About 1" in...similar flavors and aromas, with the "strength" kicked up just a notch. This cigar is tasting really fantastic. Minor burn correction.

About 2" in...similar flavors and aromas, but a bit of a woodsy flavor has come in through the nose. This cigar is REALLY good. The flavor lingers on the palate between draws.

About halfway...not much of a change, but DAMN this cigar is good. And slow burning, too. I'm at over 45 min of smoking time at the halfway point.

A little past halfway...the woodsy flavor in the nose has subsided a bit, and the finish has taken on a tart flavor.

Toward the end...sweetness on the draw has intensified, as has the tartness on the finish. The woodsy flavor in the nose has been replaced with spice. I let 'er die at around 1.5" and well over an hour of smoking time.

Final thoughts...this cigar is a contender for the best cigar I've smoked so far in 2018. Around halfway through the cigar, I was ordering more. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:07 PM 06-25-2018
Nice review Mark...have me intrigued.

Are these the ones? https://www.cigarbundlesofmiami.com/...o-pre-release/
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:38 AM 06-26-2018
:-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 07:01 AM 06-26-2018
Great review and it has my mouth watering :-) I haven't had a cigar in almost two years and I almost want to pick this up just to try it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:37 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice review Mark...have me intrigued.

Are these the ones? https://www.cigarbundlesofmiami.com/...o-pre-release/
How many cigars come in the bundle? Couldn't find it on that page.
[Reply]
longknocker 12:00 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How many cigars come in the bundle? Couldn't find it on that page.
"5". Just Ordered From The Site Phone# & Talked To Jackie. Apparently These Are " Pre-Release" & The Owner Wants To See What The Public Thinks Of Them. Seem To Be Great So Far!:-):-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:32 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by longknocker:
"5". Just Ordered From The Site Phone# & Talked To Jackie. Apparently These Are " Pre-Release" & The Owner Wants To See What The Public Thinks Of Them. Seem To Be Great So Far!:-):-)
Greg...were they 28.99 or 38.99? Each time I got on the site, the price changed.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 01:57 PM 06-26-2018
Greg...were they 28.99 or 38.99? Each time I got on the site, the price changed.
28.99 If you just want the 5 pack but they have a couple of add on options.

+ $5 for a lighter w/punch
+ $10 for a mystery long filler 5 pack
+ $15 for the lighter w/punch & mystery 5 pack
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:02 PM 06-26-2018
28.99, when you open the link it wants to send you a fiver of mystery sticks for an extra 10 bucks. Click on "just send me the sticks" option for the 28.99.

Opps, Jason beat me to it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:06 PM 06-26-2018
Thanks fellas. Must of missed that.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 02:24 PM 06-26-2018
almost 2 years since I have smoked a cigar but I did end up picking up a 5 pack just in case I get the urge to smoke a cigar one of these days
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
almost 2 years since I have smoked a cigar but I did end up picking up a 5 pack just in case I get the urge to smoke a cigar one of these days
Everything ok, Jason? If it's none of my business feel free to say just that, just get concerned when I hear that from a Brother.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 05:44 AM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Everything ok, Jason? If it's none of my business feel free to say just that, just get concerned when I hear that from a Brother.
Had a heart attack January of 2016 and had a couple up until July of 2016 and haven't had one since. The Doc says I can have one every now and then, I just haven't picked one up since. I get my fix by walking in the the local b&m and smell around every so often.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:49 AM 06-27-2018
Mac: I Paid $28.99 + Shipping= $35.44
[Reply]
RUNYYFan 07:00 AM 06-27-2018
Thank you for this info. The description you provide is mouth-watering. Just pulled the trigger on the 5-stick order to see how they are. Hopefully I'll have them for the 4th.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:49 PM 06-27-2018
Reading all these replies made me smile. :-)

Thanks guys!
[Reply]
borndead1 09:52 PM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
Had a heart attack January of 2016 and had a couple up until July of 2016 and haven't had one since. The Doc says I can have one every now and then, I just haven't picked one up since. I get my fix by walking in the the local b&m and smell around every so often.
Sorry to hear that, bro. Hope you are doing better.
[Reply]
8lug 06:19 AM 06-28-2018
ordered 5. Signed up for the newsletter and got 5% off.
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:52 PM 06-28-2018
Mark, you should get a commission! They are now on pre-order out until approximately mid-July. :-) I'll have to wait to order as I'll be away on and off around then.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 01:56 PM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Mark, you should get a commission! They are now on pre-order out until approximately mid-July. :-) I'll have to wait to order as I'll be away on and off around then.
Joel,

If you want to try a couple I can send you a few. I should receive Friday and can get them out to you Monday.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up