Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Drew Estates Kentucky Fire Cured...
Brian D. 06:40 PM 12-20-2013
The newest thing in their MUWAT line I guess. Got myself one of the 'Fat Molly' size at Party Source yesterday, and drove the half mile over to Beer Sellar (a bar on the Ohio River where much herfing takes place in the Cincytucky area) in order to try out the stogie.

For the entire inch or so that I could tolerate, the only flavor I was getting was scorched dirt. Might have stuck it out longer but after the first half inch or so was smoked, the stick blowed up due to being desert dry. Now I can't say that would be the store's fault, (their track record is very good in this regard) and I certainly didn't have a chance to improperly store the thing. Somewhere in the line between manufacturer and retailer, the cigar wasn't humidified properly.

I walked out to the bar's patio and sent the cigar back towards Nicaragua via the Ohio River. I don't really run into many truly lousy cigars, and normally I'd keep my yap shut until a second chance could be offered, but I found this KFC to be epic bad.
[Reply]
KidRock 06:50 PM 12-20-2013
I walked out to the bar's patio and sent the cigar back towards Nicaragua via the Ohio River. I don't really run into many truly lousy cigars, and normally I'd keep my yap shut until a second chance could be offered, but I found this KFC to be epic bad.[/quote]

LOL HA
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:52 PM 12-20-2013
I wasn't a fan of the Lecia Fire Cured stick at all. I believe I'm gonna pass on this one. Thanks for sharing Brian.
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:15 PM 12-20-2013
This is funny, I bought my first one today (thank god I only bought one) my first NC I've bought in months, when I opened the cellophane it smelled like a burnt down house, and smoking it tasted like gnawing on a burnt log, The best word to describe this cigar is GROSS!
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:18 PM 12-20-2013
Pitched after 1/2 an inch I could tell this was heading somewhere very bad, and for the record I bought the chunky.
[Reply]
the jiggler 07:21 PM 12-20-2013
ROFL Brian. Missed your review as I was posting mine. Polar opposites. I love this place.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:26 PM 12-20-2013
Wrong forum?
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:58 AM 12-21-2013
I had one on Thursday and wasn't impressed with the flavor at all.
[Reply]
Remo 09:08 AM 12-21-2013
Good info, thanks!!
[Reply]
fencefixer 09:43 AM 12-21-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I wasn't a fan of the Lecia Fire Cured stick at all. I believe I'm gonna pass on this one. Thanks for sharing Brian.

The white label is disgusting, the black label I thought was alright.

In retrospect, Sam Leccia handrolled me a kentucky fried chicken freshie which was fantastic and was a hybrid of both. He said he has no plans of putting that mix out on the market though. :-) I suppose YMMV.
[Reply]
Drazzil 10:25 AM 03-31-2014
This shows first hand how peoples tastes can vary wildly. I love the KFC fat molly as well as the smaller size. I smoke one everyday and will be buying a box soon.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:48 AM 03-31-2014
I was given one and smoked it yesterday. Before lighting up there was a sweetness on my lips that I couldn't put my finger on, the stick itself smelled like a campfire I guess would be the best way to describe it. I lit it up and the sweetness on my lips continued......after the 1/3 the sweetness was gone as was any other flavor I was getting out of the cigar which was the campfire aroma I mentioned earlier.

I pitched it at the beginning of the 2/3rd..........I didn't care for the Rustica either......hmmm DE going down the drain for me lately.
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:09 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I was given one and smoked it yesterday. Before lighting up there was a sweetness on my lips that I couldn't put my finger on, the stick itself smelled like a campfire I guess would be the best way to describe it. I lit it up and the sweetness on my lips continued......after the 1/3 the sweetness was gone as was any other flavor I was getting out of the cigar which was the campfire aroma I mentioned earlier.

I pitched it at the beginning of the 2/3rd..........I didn't care for the Rustica either......hmmm DE going down the drain for me lately.
I tried one a couple months back. Chucked it about halfway, I kept tasting barbecue sauce. I like barbecue, but on barbecue, not in a cigar. Really dissapointed. Have any of you who disliked the KFC tried the Leccia black? I know it's much less fire cured tobacco, just didn't know if you all liked it better.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:10 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by jhedrick83:
I tried one a couple months back. Chucked it about halfway, I kept tasting barbecue sauce. I like barbecue, but on barbecue, not in a cigar. Really dissapointed. Have any of you who disliked the KFC tried the Leccia black? I know it's much less fire cured tobacco, just didn't know if you all liked it better.
Jesse after some age the Leccia Black has really opened up....for me anyways, my shop had an event last June I think and I tried one, didn't like it. Decided to try one this past month and I really liked it........tried another one from a more recent box the shop got in.....didn't care for it.....so let em' age.
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:07 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Jesse after some age the Leccia Black has really opened up....for me anyways, my shop had an event last June I think and I tried one, didn't like it. Decided to try one this past month and I really liked it........tried another one from a more recent box the shop got in.....didn't care for it.....so let em' age.
Gotcha! :-)
[Reply]
Drazzil 09:55 AM 04-01-2014
What is leccia black.?
[Reply]
irratebass 11:20 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
What is leccia black.?
http://kohnhed.com/2013/06/06/cigar-...k-white-black/

[Reply]
jhedrick83 12:44 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
What is leccia black.?
It has some fire cured tobacco in it, but supposedly not nearly as much as the KFC.
[Reply]
fid 02:10 PM 04-01-2014
Fire cured Kentucky is used alot in pipe tobacco blends. It's more of a condiment and a little bit goes a long way.
[Reply]
stevef2005 11:59 AM 04-06-2014
Glad I saw this. Guess will stop asking guy at the B&M if they have gotten them in.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up