Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Health and Fitness>Yoga?
pnoon 06:38 AM 11-25-2014
Originally Posted by Mariareese:
Although yoga does not need too much auxiliary appliance, the usefulness of yoga appliance cannot be doubted as it will make you much relaxed and safe. There are a few requisite yoga appliance that you cannot do without, specifically clothing such as upper body wear and pants.
What about naked yoga? :-)
[Reply]
pektel 06:43 AM 11-25-2014
I think that's called "tantra", peter.
[Reply]
dave 07:47 AM 11-25-2014
Originally Posted by Mariareese:
There are a few requisite yoga appliance that you cannot do without, specifically clothing such as upper body wear and pants.

That's a shame....perhaps if that weren't the case, Yoga would be much more popular....I might even try....or at least I'd probably try to watch some youtube vids
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:14 AM 11-26-2014
Yoga block and proper mat are the two you'll need. Block can be used in Pilates as well.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:18 AM 09-16-2015
Found myself 14 months post back surgery, still feeling daily discomfort/pain, although only a fraction of what it was pre-op.
I was told no more Focus T-25, no inversion table, no rolling abs devices, no activities that involved high impact, no running.
Glad sex is OK.
For a long while, long walks and lawn mowing has been my only activity.

I decided I had enough of that and ordered DDP Yoga.
I am blown away how it really gets my heart rate into my fat burning zone by practically standing on a mat.
In the week I have been doing it so far, tremendous back relief and no meds.
I actually hit 500 burned calories in a short less than half hour session today.

In summary for now, best $80 I have ever invested in my life.
By the way, Diamond Dave is right. It's not your mama's Yoga.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:54 AM 09-16-2015
Truly an amazing and inspiring story to watch.
http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
[Reply]
icehog3 10:15 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Found myself 14 months post back surgery, still feeling daily discomfort/pain, although only a fraction of what it was pre-op.
I was told no more Focus T-25, no inversion table, no rolling abs devices, no activities that involved high impact, no running.
Glad sex is OK.
Yes, you will be all set for your anniversary next year! :-)

J/K, Carlos, glad the yoga is giving you relief and results. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:51 AM 09-17-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am quite familiar with the Yoga & the business. My friend has the biggest studio in the Boston area... Why did they say no inversion table? That is just similar to stretching. Muscle tightness from the hip flexors, glute's, and thigh's are huge contributor to back pain?

Yoga addresses those areas quite well. Be careful with Yoga and don't let the loose body fool you to think you can go further than you can. No your limits and be mindful not to exceed them no matter how great you feel at the moment.

Keep it up. Yoga is like golf, it's a life journey that never has a finish line, and the challenge never ends.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up