Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>White Owl Pineapple (for Skywalker)
T.G 08:38 AM 09-21-2009
I originally wrote this review back in July '08 for another site, reposting here for Darrell.
----------------

The highly coveted White Owl Pineapple Tubos...

As I take this cigar out of it's exceptionally stylish yellow and black tubo, I can't help but immediately notice three things:
1) how flawless the wrapper is and how I would expect nothing less from tobacco-infused brown masking tape.
2) the prelight aroma - this cigar smells like one of the air "tropical scent" freshners you hang from the rearview mirror of your car.
3) that I'm only on my 2nd martini, I hope that will be enough to make it though this cigar.

I've admired this cigar long enough, so now it's time to fire it up. No need to clip, it's already pre punched for your convienence, so after verifying that I have both the local poision control center number and 911 on speed dial, I apply fire to the foot.

The cigar lights up easily and I am soon greeted with volumes of putrid smoke.

I must say, the flavor sucks, the finish tastes like I'm chewing on an Advil tablet, the burning aroma is wretched but damn, for short filler, this cigar burns straight and sure can hold an ash!

I'm now about 2" or 2-1/2" into this cigar and with my face burning from the chemicals in the smoke and my taste buds screaming for the pain to stop I'm starting to wonder if this is what it would feel like to have Muhammad Ali open up a can of whup-ass on my face. I drink some more of my martini to ease the pain...

I'm trying for another few puffs here, but after about another 1/2" or so, this beating is just more than I can endure and my corner throws in the towel.

It took me about a 1/4 of a bottle of Listerine to get the flavor of that cigar out of my mouth.

Do I think this is a good cigar? Well, it did have a nice ash for chopped filler...
Would I buy this cigar? Oh, hell yes, just so long as I don't have to smoke it again...
[Reply]
itsme_timd 08:41 AM 09-21-2009
HAHAHAHA!!! I love this review! I did a similar one on another site for a Game Green. It had a very similar effect on me. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 10:00 AM 09-21-2009
:-) You know they are bad when people only buy them to empty the contents out.
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:03 AM 09-21-2009
I gave you a bump for bravery above and beyond the call of duty.
[Reply]
TripleF 10:29 AM 09-21-2009
You get extra credit for attempting to smoke it and the pics are fantastic!! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:37 AM 09-21-2009
Thanks you for contaminating my Show Us A Great Pair Thread!!!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=145

That Martini probably would have paired just as well with the plastic tubo!!!
:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:42 PM 09-21-2009
Adam...you got balls brother!!
[Reply]
BlackIrish 02:30 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
As I take this cigar out of it's exceptionally stylish yellow and black tubo, I can't help but immediately notice three things:
1) how flawless the wrapper is and how I would expect nothing less from tobacco-infused brown masking tape.
2) the prelight aroma - this cigar smells like one of the air "tropical scent" freshners you hang from the rearview mirror of your car.
3) that I'm only on my 2nd martini, I hope that will be enough to make it though this cigar.
Love it!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 02:34 PM 09-21-2009
That's one sweet review! Thanks!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:34 PM 11-19-2009
Just seen this now. That's some scary sh!t there man.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:46 AM 11-20-2009
You know, I should pair this review with the White Owl Peach!
[Reply]
dccraft 08:50 AM 11-20-2009
Thanks for taking one for the team :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 09:02 AM 11-20-2009
Great review. :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:48 AM 11-20-2009
I would expect those cigars to be passed out here.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:53 AM 11-20-2009
Great stuff Adam, terrific pics.:-)

The Peach one that Huy smoked at the Lathrop herf smelled like soap. I thought he was going to hurl. I dont think he made it as far as you did.:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:32 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Great stuff Adam, terrific pics.:-)

The Peach one that Huy smoked at the Lathrop herf smelled like soap. I thought he was going to hurl. I dont think he made it as far as you did.:-)
No I was not going to hurl, don't get me wrong, it was still awful as hell. Just tasted like a big peach Optimo.
[Reply]
roughrider 01:34 PM 11-20-2009
Nice pics.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 10:01 PM 11-23-2009
Funny! Gave you some rep for enduring that!
[Reply]
OHRD 10:29 AM 11-24-2009
A better man than I!
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:07 AM 11-24-2009
An oldie but a goodie!!!:-)

Just smoke those things down wind from me!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up