Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xicar XO cutter
asantiago 06:42 AM 12-24-2018
Bought this cutter a few weeks ago just because of the cool factor. What you get is a life time warranty and a very cool cutter with small openings where you can see the gears doing their thing. Is it going to make your cigar smoking experience better, no but coolness factor is very high. So if you like gadgets and like to collect cutters and lighters like I do then I highly recommend this cutter.
[Reply]
Dux 08:37 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by asantiago:
Bought this cutter a few weeks ago just because of the cool factor. What you get is a life time warranty and a very cool cutter with small openings where you can see the gears doing their thing. Is it going to make your cigar smoking experience better, no but coolness factor is very high. So if you like gadgets and like to collect cutters and lighters like I do then I highly recommend this cutter.
I actually really like mine, I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be my new favorite accessory.
[Reply]
asantiago 08:47 AM 12-24-2018
I do like mine and use it often but it doesn't cut any better than my 8 years old Palio that I lost and was one of the reasons I bought the XO. I got the rosewood and it is beautiful and just cool looking !
[Reply]
icehog3 08:52 AM 12-24-2018
Like this cutter a lot. Now I'm looking for a new V-cutter too, the one I currently have has started to mangle my cigar heads.
[Reply]
Dux 09:29 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Like this cutter a lot. Now I'm looking for a new V-cutter too, the one I currently have has started to mangle my cigar heads.
I've been extremely happy with the v cut from xikar. Love the weight and cut
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 11:17 AM 12-24-2018
An elf told me I would be opening a Xikar VX2 V-Cutter tomorrow morning.....in Buckeye Red!

I'll let you know how I like it :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:09 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Dux:
I've been extremely happy with the v cut from xikar. Love the weight and cut
Thanks Doug. The cut is deep enough? The only complaint I've seen in looking at some reviews is that some say the cut isn't deep enough.

Originally Posted by Buckeye Jack:
An elf told me I would be opening a Xikar VX2 V-Cutter tomorrow morning.....in Buckeye Red!

I'll let you know how I like it :-)
Merry Christmas, Jack! Looking forward to your take.
[Reply]
Dux 04:17 PM 12-24-2018
Thanks Doug. The cut is deep enough? The only complaint I've seen in looking at some reviews is that some say the cut isn't deep enough.
For me yes, but that's because I don't smoke those big ass RG cigars. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:53 AM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by Dux:
For me yes, but that's because I don't smoke those big ass RG cigars. :-)
I really don't either, so it might work for me.

Doug is a yes. Waiting to hear Jack's review. But I'm thinking this might be my first purchase of 2019. :-)
[Reply]
Up