Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Fuente Curly Head
badbriar 08:22 AM 06-21-2015
I never gave this cigar much attention, due to it being a short filler stick. After heading over to visit Tampa Sweethearts shop, learned that this little cigar has some of the same fillers as the high-end Fuente offerings. Some could contain the off-cuts from Opus, Anejo and many others, but there is no guarantee of what is used. Fast forward, among other goodies, I bought a couple of Deluxe Maduros 6.5 x 43 sticks and gave one a try. No problems with draw, but was absolutely the WORST cigar I've ever had. Initially, pretty tasty. Soon followed by an increasing bitterness with a more astringent taste coming from the wrapper. Suffered through a third and tossed it. Horrible! Maybe it needed some humidor rest. Not my thing!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:58 AM 06-21-2015
Sounds nasty, Rob.

Perhaps you got the shavngs from Fuente's failed experiment combining the Anejo and the Opus....The Anus X. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:03 AM 06-21-2015
I smoked one once. I even finished it. Sometimes it pays to have a plebeian palate.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 AM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I smoked one once. I even finished it. Sometimes it pays to have a plebeian palate.
Weren't those the bad guys on "Star Trek"? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:27 AM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Weren't those the bad guys on "Star Trek"? :-)
You may be confusing that with the Ferengi, who as a race had notoriously poor tastes. They also had a strongly acquisitive nature and funky-looking heads, which leads me to suspect that Donald Trump is one. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:03 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
You may be confusing that with the Ferengi, who as a race had notoriously poor tastes. They also had a strongly acquisitive nature and funky-looking heads, which leads me to suspect that Donald Trump is one. :-)
His ears aren't big enough. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:09 PM 06-21-2015
Sounds nasty, Rob.

Perhaps you got the shavngs from Fuente's failed experiment combining the Anejo and the Opus....The Anus X. :-)
:-) I bet there are still a few guys here who would smoke an anus X
[Reply]
badbriar 09:26 PM 06-21-2015
Sounds nasty, Rob.

Superb! Now, I want one! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:32 PM 06-21-2015
I bought one at Grove City one day because I needed a cigar BAD and their selection was really poor.
Worst "good" cigar I ever had. I couldn't smoke half of it.
[Reply]
Flynnster 10:06 PM 06-21-2015
This really surprised me guys, these are my go to cheap smokes. Never had one that I didn't like.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:08 AM 06-22-2015
I smoked many boxes of these 6-8 years ago diddling around the yard or course. I always thought they were a decent $1.50 stick. Hadn't had one in a long time. I'd probably smoke it though, my goat palate dislikes few things. You should've seen some of the girls I dated back in the day...
[Reply]
pektel 05:37 PM 06-22-2015
I prefer the Tampa Sweethearts 500 maduro. Don't know how those compare to the curly head price wise, but I'm enjoying the 500 maduro as I type this.
[Reply]
Up