Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Graycliff G2 Maduro
whitecloud 03:28 PM 03-17-2015
I bought a box of these recently because I got them at such a great price. All though I tend to like other Graycliff cigars I was reluctant on this one because of the lack of information on them. So I pulled the box out of my coolidor today and opened it up. It has Pennsylvania broad leaf maduro which actually looked quite nice very rustic. Inside is Dominican Nicaraguan and Philippine fillers. The construction was darn good and it had zero soft spots. Not much for a smell just a tobacco smell, nothing special. The same goes for the pre lit draw.

Upon first light I noticed a nice smooth chocolate flavor. Nothing much else. As I peeked into the first part of the stogie I noticed the chocolate flavor was enhanced by subtle sweet spices. Midway through the cigar the flavors intensified and a leathery flavor entered the mix. A very strong leather flavor exactly how I like it too. The best way to describe it it the leather blasts your tongue and rolls off leaving a sweet chocolate flavor behind for a long long finish. The cigar had darn near perfect performance with a solid white ash in two solid chunks. Rare to see for a toro size. The finale of the cigar was the same as the middle only the flavors continued to intensify.

Smooth, creamy, chocolatey, leathery, subtle spices, and tons of smoke!

I have to say I was highly impressed. I am still like WOW! The rich chocolate flavors lasted on my tongue for over 30 minutes after I was done. I want another one as I write this. If you have not tried the Graycliff g2 Maduro please do. It was absolutely amazing. I do not say that often about cigars. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:33 PM 03-17-2015
Thanks for the review, sounds like a winner.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:36 PM 03-17-2015
Didn't Really Like Some Other Graycliffs, But Your Review Sounds Promising!:-) Just Ordered A 5'er. Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
RobR1205 05:42 PM 03-17-2015
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 12:54 PM 04-04-2015
I have been wondering about the G2 for a while. The review sounds good enough I may have to pick up a few to try out.
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 07:55 PM 05-02-2015
I thought the regular G2 was a total bust. Haven't tried the maduro.
[Reply]
whitecloud 12:46 PM 08-16-2015
As a follow up to this post I am now on my second box of these. These have become one of my favorite cigars because of the cigar has been consistent to my initial review even after smoking so many. So far not one of these differed from the other from burn, smoke, and flavors.

Great job Graycliff did on this one.

I would say as reference this cigar is mild-med on the start but ends on the full side of medium.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:21 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by whitecloud:
As a follow up to this post I am now on my second box of these...
Between your first post and current post, what size of the G2 Maduro are you smoking WC?

Nice review btw...
[Reply]
Remo 02:39 PM 08-16-2015
Very nice review, I think this is the first time I have seen it :-)
[Reply]
whitecloud 08:39 AM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Between your first post and current post, what size of the G2 Maduro are you smoking WC?

Nice review btw...
Thanks for reminding me I forgot to say that. The PGX Toro. I have had the robusto and even though it is just as enjoyable in flavor and performance the toro has an obvious longer burn time.
[Reply]
Up