Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Liga Privada #9 vs Genesis The Project
timj219 06:16 PM 09-26-2014
I do love me some Liga 9. They are a bit pricey but well worth the money IMO. Still, I'm always a sucker for a good value so thanks for the heads up I'm going to give these Genesis a shot. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 11:37 PM 09-28-2014
I love the Liga, but my wallet won't let me smoke them often. I just smoked my first Genesis this weekend. Very nice cigar. Much the same profile you described. Nice review even if I missed it earlier.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:15 AM 09-29-2014
Oh, Great, Another Stick I Need To Try.:-):-) I Always Thought The Liga #9's Were The Ultimate Stick.:-)
[Reply]
dave 08:20 AM 09-29-2014
I came across some Genesis robs in the bottom of the cooler last week. Not sure how old, but more than a year, I'm certain. They were much better than I'd remembered. Much smoother than when I'd first received them.
Coincidentally, I had an LP9 toro a week ago that was at least two years old. It was flat a bit boring, to tell the truth. I wouldn't have thought to compare the two before just now reading this thread, but, honestly, the Genesis was a more satisfying cigar. I won't say that price wouldn't have been in the back of my mind and affected my assessment, but...it is now something for me to think about. I still have at least one of each from those same vintages - I may have to contemplatively smoke them back to back....or together?....one of these days.
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:12 AM 09-29-2014
Just bid on a few of these based on this review!
[Reply]
CubanStocked 10:28 AM 09-30-2014
I literally bought about 4 boxes of liga 9 double coronas last week...surprised to see them at my cigar shop...let alone 4 boxes. I shot in the dark about buying all 4 (thinking he wouldnt) but he was open to the idea and did the sale! Paid $325/box which is cheaper then anywhere else i've found (everyone online is usually out of stock) ...only problem is, Its still a pricey stick to smoke everyday...tryna pawn some off to my fellow BOTL...shouldnt be hard
[Reply]
czerbe 11:15 AM 09-30-2014
Everybody is entitled to their own Wrong opinions Daniel LOL I kid to be honest the #9 isn't my favorite LP stick I love the T52 over the 9. I do really like the Genesis. Nice topic debate!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:03 PM 09-30-2014
I've never had a Genesis. I love me some no. 9 though. I must try! Thanks for posting your review!
[Reply]
weems 08:18 PM 10-22-2014
I have about 4 of these left, never had a #9 but probably one of my favorite smokes.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:12 PM 10-23-2014
IMHO, the No.9 is a much superior cigar in every way. Kinda like comparing the Nica Libre to a Padron... Not even close. Still, the Genesis and Nica Libre are good cigars in their own right! :-)
[Reply]
baust55 09:50 AM 10-24-2014
I am really CHEAP ! EEERR ummm I mean THRIFTY ! I will probably never get to taste a Liga#9 but I did score about six promotional samplers from CI that had Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project toros in them so they were $1 a stick .............tasty Thrifty .

SCORE !
[Reply]
dave 09:52 AM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by weems:
I have about 4 of these left, never had a #9 but probably one of my favorite smokes.
What?
[Reply]
weems 02:00 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by dave:
What?
lol, I meant to say never had a #9, but the genesis is one of my favorite smokes. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:08 AM 10-30-2014
Smoked The GTP James (Porch Dweller) Bombed Me With Because Of This Thread Several Days Ago. Thanks, Brother!:-):-) I Was Very Impressed!:-) I Thought The GTP Was Smoother With More "Spice" Than The LP's I Have Smoked. The LP's Have More Pepper If You Like That Profile. I Will Definitely Put The GTP's In My Rotation! Thanks For All The Input, My Friends!:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:13 AM 10-30-2014
:-)
[Reply]
rr_coyote 08:59 PM 11-01-2014
Haven't had a #9 yet, but I also love me a Genesis. Awesome awesome cheap stick. I've heard them to be compared more to an Undercrown.
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 09:20 PM 11-04-2014
Yup to the Genesis. Best value ever. Rich, dense stick. And they do age well. Only smoked 2 #9s, so can't really comment but I did wonder if they had gotten kind of flat from being hoarded too long.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up