Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Your vodka of choice?
RevSmoke 10:39 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good resurrection, Reverend Todd....no blaspheme intended.

Hasn't changed since 10-05-2010, 09:15 PM. What has changed is that I rarely drink vodka anymore, I've become a bourbon lover.
Simply called Todd... No blasphemy taken, hey, I said it first.

I drink more bourbon too, but the Vodkas have been a nice change of pace.
[Reply]
hudd 07:35 PM 02-01-2019
Don't drink vodka often but when l do it's Ketel One
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:27 AM 02-02-2019
my vodka of choice?...that's easy....GIN!!!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:39 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
my vodka of choice?...that's easy....GIN!!!! :-)
Peter is smiling down from Heaven on you. :-)

I'm sitting in Illinois gagging. :-) :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:09 PM 02-09-2020
Just sampling some Till American Wheat Vodka. Very nice!
[Reply]
Black Coral 05:37 AM 02-10-2020
Beluga transatlantic
[Reply]
The Poet 05:59 AM 02-10-2020
IMHO, the "best" choice in vodka depends upon what you prefer to drink. If you are a vodka martini guy or drinking it straight, it makes sense to go with a higher-end brand you like. NB, your definition of a high-end brand may differ, as some may consider, say, Absolut or Grey Goose as being so while others may not. However, if you mainly want to drink mixed cocktails, such as a Bloody Mary or Screwdriver, there is no good reason to pay a premium for your vodka. Smirnoff has won a number of blind taste tests, and will work perfectly well for you.

In short, if you stay away from the Popovs of the world you can't go wrong. :-)
[Reply]
Bryan84 06:46 PM 03-22-2020
Right now I’m on a Tito’s kick. I’m going to try a local distillery called Foundary once I can get there and pick up a bottle of their Vodka I will report back.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:37 PM 04-15-2021
3 fingers of Hammer & Sickle, a very nice vodka.
Paired with a pipe full of G&H Louisiana Flake - a great pairing.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:40 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hasn't changed since 10-05-2010, 09:15 PM. What has changed is that I rarely drink vodka anymore, I've become a bourbon lover.
This was January 2019. Have not had a sip of vodka in those 27 months.

Bourbon, on the other hand..... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
retired 10:29 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Poet:
IMHO, the "best" choice in vodka depends upon what you prefer to drink. If you are a vodka martini guy or drinking it straight, it makes sense to go with a higher-end brand you like. NB, your definition of a high-end brand may differ, as some may consider, say, Absolut or Grey Goose as being so while others may not. However, if you mainly want to drink mixed cocktails, such as a Bloody Mary or Screwdriver, there is no good reason to pay a premium for your vodka. Smirnoff has won a number of blind taste tests, and will work perfectly well for you.

In short, if you stay away from the Popovs of the world you can't go wrong. :-)
Totally agree, Thomas.
Somebody went thru a lot of effort to make a great tasting whiskey and "some" people screw it all up by putting coke or pepsi in it. Those soft drinks will kill ya!
[Reply]
The Poet 10:50 AM 04-16-2021
Once in my college days I witnessed two sorority chicks buying a combo for their mixed drink - Cold Duck and Dr. Pepper.

Who'd want to spoil perfectly good Dr. Pepper, right? :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up